August 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
one of three. Pipped on day 20 around 10:30 am and hatched out sometime between 1-5:30 am. Calling this chick “Pierogi” for right now 🖤🖤 no pips or chirps from my other two yet. Hoping for the best!

Attachments

• 6DE68A78-F6E1-49E0-A3C5-6FA49B014371.jpeg
    6DE68A78-F6E1-49E0-A3C5-6FA49B014371.jpeg
    500.6 KB · Views: 7
Omg guys...a pip on day 19!!! Wtheck!!!

Now I am scared bc I took the lid off...bc ya know...2 more days left and I wanted to check to see if air cells were drawing down...

I shut it as soon as I realized but that probably had been 1-2 min
It will be fine. I have done it before and have had manas get off the nest for 30+ min after one has pipped and they hatched just fine. Shrink wrap isn't as easy or quick as people make it out to be.

It will be fine. I have done it before and have had manas get off the nest for 30+ min after one has pipped and they hatched just fine. Shrink wrap isn't as easy or quick as people make it out to be.
Thank you...
Woke up to a second pip...

Guess we are gonna have some early hatches!!!

Checked the one with the pip from last night ...its chirping!

I need encouragement to be hands off... 🤚

I know they can do this...I start to worry after 12 hrs...but I know it can take 24 till they actually zip....

I'll be leaving the house for a good bit today so hopefully they'll do their thing

Oh, I've got both brooders set up...
I have smaller one for them after they dry if they haven't got their feet under them yet with paper towel...with a heat lamp...

And I have a huge 8x4 one ready with some wood chips and their heat cave for when they are walking good enough...

I really am attached to these babies for some reason...and am just hoping for the best..

one of three. Pipped on day 20 around 10:30 am and hatched out sometime between 1-5:30 am. Calling this chick “Pierogi” for right now 🖤🖤 no pips or chirps from my other two yet. Hoping for the best!
UPDATE: the other two never pipped internally. 😢 we got a lone hatchling. Trying to see if there are some buddies I can pick up for the chicky locally. If anyone knows of any places in atlanta(that isn’t tractor supply), let me know!

Last edited:
UPDATE: the other two never pipped internally. 😢 we got a lone hatchling. Trying to see if there are some buddies I can pick up for the chicky locally. If anyone knows of any places in atlanta(this isn’t tractor supply), let me know!
Check FB if you have that as well as online ads like Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom