August Hatch-A-Long

Not long chicky chicky!Mine are due tomorrow but two have pipped today
smile.png
Actually they are due on Wednesday but I can already hear them chirping inside their eggs so I think there will be some little fluff balls tomorrow morning!

Hi.I hope You don't mind me posting.I just read the entire thread and I really wish I had Set my eggs earlier. Nevertheless, my incubator is currently running for testing Before I set About ten eggs. The problem lies in the temperature remaining stable once it reaches 95 degrees. I have holidays Soon so I didn't buy a thermostat. Any tips on raising the temperature to 100. Thanks a lot in advance

2 pips! One khaki cambell duck and my mstery chick! Other eggs in there are magpie ducklings and 3 other mystery chicks and more khakis. My mystery chicks are from a flock of about 30 all freerange with almost every chicken known from light sussex, rhode island, polish, silkies, buffs pekin bantams of various types branhma etc so could be anything!
YAY!!!!! How fun to have such a mix!!!! Then it is a surprise to see what you get!!!!

yay for you, I thought i had 2 internal pips, but now I think it was only one, because one is out, and I turned off the ligth to re-candle air cells, and there was no internal pip in the second egg. now I'm sitting on my hands hoping that this tiny little silkie will have more company her age, today is day 21, so it's not to late for mine. My last batch of chicks are nearing the 4 week mark
Just like salsan20 said, they can hatch early or late so don't worry! Just keep the bator closed and give it time! Good luck and post a pic of your new little silkie
love.gif

Hi.I hope You don't mind me posting.I just read the entire thread and I really wish I had Set my eggs earlier. Nevertheless, my incubator is currently running for testing Before I set About ten eggs. The problem lies in the temperature remaining stable once it reaches 95 degrees. I have holidays Soon so I didn't buy a thermostat. Any tips on raising the temperature to 100. Thanks a lot in advance!
Not sure what type of incubator you have, but mine has temp adjustment settings on the top. A little turn left or right increases or decreases temp. Just be careful...a slight adjustment can increase or decrease temp alot!! After you do the adjustment, make sure it stays stable at that temp 24hrs before putting any eggs in. Also if your temps are fluctuating I would STRONGLY advise checking it with a second thermometer to be sure the readings are correct! I made this error one year and my hatch failed
sad.png

I took this one yesterday when I found she (hopeful thinking) had hatched.

I'm just being impatient and know it, but I did look closer again at the other one I thought had pipped internally and saw it was not moving, when I could see movement in it before, why I thought it had pipped internally. Anyway, so I poked a safety hole, saw no veins or movement, it was gone, when I took the shell off I discovered that when the chick had pipped internally, it was underneath her, and she suffocated, her beak just missed the air space.

I took this one yesterday when I found she (hopeful thinking) had hatched.

I'm just being impatient and know it, but I did look closer again at the other one I thought had pipped internally and saw it was not moving, when I could see movement in it before, why I thought it had pipped internally. Anyway, so I poked a safety hole, saw no veins or movement, it was gone, when I took the shell off I discovered that when the chick had pipped internally, it was underneath her, and she suffocated, her beak just missed the air space.
Awww...so sorry! How are the other eggs in your bator doing?

Im sorry boyswillbeboys, my mystery chick is out amd two more mystery chicks pipped. Original duck pip no progress.
Its being funny when I try upload pict, but its a whitey yellow chick with little comb!

Back
Top Bottom