August Hatch-A-Long

ChickyChickens

Chickening Around
5 Years
May 24, 2014
BYC? Epic <3
My Coop
My Coop
So.....I wanted to start a thread for us 'Chicken Mommies/Daddies that will have little chickies in August! So here is my STORY!
I have got 4 hens left that are laying that should hopefully go broody( I also have 3 broodies on eggs and 5 broodies with 48 little chickies!! One of the nest boxes already has 15 eggs in it and today I noticed the hen is starting to pull her breast feathers out and is staying in the nest! I will then wait a week to see if she is not 'playing' with me! Those should then start to hatch in august! And Spot, one of my broodies that just got 'rid' of her chicks, has started laying today! She is a very broody hen and has in 2 1/2 years raised 13 batches of chicks for me! YAY!!! Lets hope she goes broody on some more eggs again soon!
smile.png

So lets sit back and enjoy the.... August Hatches!

Last edited:
I lost a lot of chickens to mink this year. I only have two hens laying and 8 pullets that have been laying about 3 or 4 weeks.. All the eggs I had after the attacks are in the incubator now. Hopefully in a couple weeks the pullets eggs will be big enough to set.

I'm going to be setting eggs every week to try and build the flocks up again. In fact, I'll probably set some today.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm in.

Last edited:
I lost a lot of chickens to mink this year. I only have two hens laying and 8 pullets that have been laying about 3 or 4 weeks.. All the eggs I had after the attacks are in the incubator now. Hopefully in a couple weeks the pullets eggs will be big enough to set.

I'm going to be setting eggs every week to try and build the flocks up again. In fact, I'll probably set some today.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm in.

Sorry about your losses....but good luck with all the hatching. I hope your flock will regain its size :hugs

I'm setting 23 Dominique eggs in the morning along with 8 Ancona duck eggs. The Chickens will be due to hatch July 30th, but the duck eggs will be due to hatch August 6th! Can I join?:yiipchick

Woot! Had to move the chicken eggs in with the ducks. I couldn't get their incubator to hold steady after I added them. Now they're one big happy egg family until chicken lockdown. I have two weeks to get the other incubator ready for hatching.

I will be going on vacation the last week in July, so I will be setting my first eggs the first week in August. I just started my first flock in April with 15 day olds from the feed store. We are down to 12 and they are 12 weeks old. 6 of them are cockerels so we will be getting rid of at least 4 of the cockerels. What originally started out as a plan to have about 6 hens has grown into me wanting at least 20. Ya'll did warn me about chicken math.

Hi everyone! Hope you don't mind if I post up on this thread. I have a broody Bantam Cochin that I have decided to let hatch some eggs. I do not have a rooster and ordered some eggs...also Bantam cochin..that should arrive this Thursday. This is the first time I have tried to hatch with a broody AND this will be her first time hatching as well
ep.gif
A little nervous, so any advice or insight from more experienced people before we begin would be very much appreciated! Mind if I join your hatch-a-long?

I've been telling myself that this will be the last time I hatch for the year the last 2 hatches, but i'm weak and i set 30 eggs a few days ago
roll.png
due the 1st of August, 12 RIR, 6 light brahma, 6 mixed silkie and 6 silver partridge sablepoot! Given most the eggs to broodys due to awful luck with my incubator last time! exited to join guys!

Back
Top Bottom