August Hatch-A-Long

Are they Wyandottes? They're gorgeous! I'm so happy that your bator is stable. I can't wait to hear what you find on candle day!
Yes they are wyandottes! only a couple more days till candle day
smile.png

Hi All,

I just set 7 mixed breed eggs in my brand new Brinsea mini advance. First time ever trying to hatch my own chicks. Good luck to all the impending new babies.

Alice

Well it looks like a lot of late deaths but over all we got 10 out of 17 eggs! 10 chicks are doing great and we are so happy with them!

Took them out for a second this afternoon (100 degrees + in the sun here! Ugg) to take a picture.

beautiful!!! congrats!!

Welcome to "normal" chicken hatching
frow.gif
LOL!!! It is soooo hard to wait for candling
barnie.gif
Good luck with your hatch! You should have some beautiful birds there!

Thank you!... I can't wait to see them! I probably can't keep them... but I just love hatching! I will offer them to the woman who gave me the eggs because I know she tried to hatch some and didn't get any chicks. Can't. wait. to. candle!! : )

All but two of those chicks came from shipped eggs. No polish, those we hope are sizzles. Most likely though they will be silkies and frizzles. I would love polish chicks!
That's a good hatch rate for shipped eggs, I've read. I just love that little chick on the far right. I hope you keep sharing pics as they grow! I'm new to chickens. Is Frizzle a type of Silkie?

That's a good hatch rate for shipped eggs, I've read. I just love that little chick on the far right. I hope you keep sharing pics as they grow! I'm new to chickens. Is Frizzle a type of Silkie?

Very happy with the shipped eggs, many had big air cells and they still hatched!

Frizzles are a genetic mutation that makes the feathers of any breed turn outward. So you can have a frizzle silkie, or frizzle cochin or many Polish. With sizzles, the breeders are aiming for all the traits for Silkies, but not the fur, they want solid feathers that frizzle. I am really enjoying learning about chicken genetics with the kids and this project!

We should know who frizzle/sizzle in a few weeks! :)

Back
Top Bottom