August Hatch-A-Long

WOOOHOO!!! So my crazy hatch with my broody Peep...who's eggs were not supposed to hatch until next week according to person I got eggs from...got up super fast to take a poop break and I peeked at the eggs in her nest. Egg #2 is zipping out now!!!!!!
wee.gif
So excited!!!! I was so worried my poor little broody was going sit until next week on eggs while trying to care for her one chick that hatched. Hopefully baby #2 by tonight
fl.gif
I bet your momma will be happy when all the chicks are here!! She's so good! Hope all goes well!

I bet she will!! I know I will. she is taking such good care of her chick from the nest, but that little one is getting active and curious now
jumpy.gif
Funny though...Momma Peep gives a certain chirp and that baby is right back at her side!!!

I love watching that. I have two mommas and they must have a different chirp, because there is no confusion with the chicks!

Aug: Update. Just candled eggs I felt were certainly dead, after rough shipping and a bad start in the incubator. We have action!!!

I love watching that. I have two mommas and they must have a different chirp, because there is no confusion with the chicks!

Aug: Update. Just candled eggs I felt were certainly dead, after rough shipping and a bad start in the incubator. We have action!!!
YAY!!!! I love hearing happy shipped eggs candling
celebrate.gif
Gives me hoe for mine!!! STILL waiting for dark to candle
barnie.gif

We set 18 Icelandic Hatching eggs in our bator and two hatched today! We are hoping to get at least 12 more...this is our first time hatching eggs so it is really stressful!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom