August Hatch-A-Long

My guess from what I'm reading is this first external pip will not hatch till tomorrow. I guess only it knows!! lol I'm just happy it pipped since I could hear it peeping since yesterday afternoon
tongue.png

Day 16 here... 9 eggs looking good!  Getting close : )   I am going to put them in my new, smaller bator/hatcher today because a big box o' eggs are due to arrive any minute!   I am watching the tracking with bated breath : )

Best of luck. Keep us updated. There's nothing like the moment you see the result of all your hard work right in front of you chirping and jumping madly :). My and my broodies day 5 begins tomorrow. Still a long way to go.

Ok!!! I have 1 egg with external pip!!! Yay!! I have 3 others rocking!
celebrate.gif

So exciting!!

I was concerned about my 2 eggs that externally pipped before I could take out the turner and increase humidity. One had hatched this morning but the other hadn't progressed. I was afraid that one would have problems. It hasn't expanded its pip at all. I've been checking the incubator regularly but never saw any more activity from it. It just suddenly got replaced with a chick! It must've just decided it was time to come out. It couldn't have taken her more than 20 minutes to zip and hatch. Now I have 3 little fuzz balls. One of the chicks in the white eggs is zipping now. Still not much activity from the blue and green eggs yet. No one is even due to hatch until tomorrow.

Congratulations on new chicks! Come on green and blue!!

Just moved 9 eggs out of the incubator into the hatcher - one day early. I needed space in the incubator. :) All eggs show movement under the worst conditions possible. I got a new incubator and thought the temp was holding prior to adding my poor eggs.

celebrate.gif

Best of luck. Keep us updated. There's nothing like the moment you see the result of all your hard work right in front of you chirping and jumping madly
smile.png
. My and my broodies day 5 begins tomorrow. Still a long way to go.

It will be here before you know it... good luck to you! I am glad I am hatching chicken eggs these days and not duck and peafowl... that extra week makes it take so long!!

I went to the post office to pick up my shipped eggs. 28 Serama eggs in perfect condition... not a single detached air cell! They did only ship from an hour away... can't wait to get them in the bator tomorrow. I guess they'll be too late for the August hatch-a-long : )

Just moved 9 eggs out of the incubator into the hatcher - one day early. I needed space in the incubator. :) All eggs show movement under the worst conditions possible. I got a new incubator and thought the temp was holding prior to adding my poor eggs.

celebrate.gif

Adversity just make eggs stronger, right!? Can't wait to see fluffy chicks!

I went to the post office to pick up my shipped eggs. 28 Serama eggs in perfect condition... not a single detached air cell! They did only ship from an hour away... can't wait to get them in the bator tomorrow. I guess they'll be too late for the August hatch-a-long : )
That is awesome!! Good luck! You just need to start a September hatch a long
love.gif
lol

We are getting somewhere!!! I can see a little bit of the first chick! He/she is very vocal!! Gonna be one unhappy chick until others get busy. lol Still no other pips but a lot of rockin!!

Back
Top Bottom