August Hatch-A-Long

I'm in the same boat. I have one pip and lots of rocking. My eggs are a day late and I'm struggling to keep my humidity at 60% :/ Its been humid as all get out the whole time I've been incubating. Now that my eggs are hatching, the weather is cool and super dry :barnie
One a brighter note, I candled my broody hen, Dottie's, eggs tonight. She's got 6\6 looking very good! And, one of my Silkies has decided to sit. She's on golf balls for now, I'll give her some eggs maybe tomorrow if she stays put :celebrate

My eggs are going on day 20 tonight and I saw one move!!! Also I would like to hatch some of the eggs I'm getting from my chickens now that are RIR hen? And PR roo and I wondered if any one els hat this kind of mutt chicken

I'm in the same boat. I have one pip and lots of rocking. My eggs are a day late and I'm struggling to keep my humidity at 60%
hmm.png
Its been humid as all get out the whole time I've been incubating. Now that my eggs are hatching, the weather is cool and super dry
barnie.gif

One a brighter note, I candled my broody hen, Dottie's, eggs tonight. She's got 6\6 looking very good! And, one of my Silkies has decided to sit. She's on golf balls for now, I'll give her some eggs maybe tomorrow if she stays put
celebrate.gif
I'm having a hard time with my humidity also. I have it at 65 but its ranging down at times. I keep adding warm water with tubing I have in place but it only goes up and stays for like 15 min.
hmm.png
If I can just get through this without a problem I will look to do something different next time. Good luck with yours!

I went to the post office to pick up my shipped eggs. 28 Serama eggs in perfect condition... not a single detached air cell! They did only ship from an hour away... can't wait to get them in the bator tomorrow. I guess they'll be too late for the August hatch-a-long : )

Happy to hear of the great condition of your shipped eggs! They don't always arrive that way. My August hatch started with 12 Cream Brabanter eggs and 14 Buckeye eggs. I am now down to 10 Buckeyes that are doing great, all the others were bad. But I am really excited about the prospect of having 10 buckeye chicks in about a week... I have been trying to get my hands on some since January.

My eggs are going on day 20 tonight and I saw one move!!! Also I would like to hatch some of the eggs I'm getting from my chickens now that are RIR hen? And PR roo and I wondered if any one els hat this kind of mutt chicken
I have some beautiful "Mutts". They are healthy and lay eggs. The roosters are delicious. I like pure bred, but no reason to be a chicken snob!

Day 5 and we have life in all the eggs!! Here is the one I wasn't sure that would develop..it was in the refrigerator it was sort of my test egg I put in to see if the temp would stay stable with an egg in there.

I have one beautiful chick that decided to hatch around 10 last night and another that is busy maybe getting ready to unzip!! So far so good!!! I will get some pics soon.
jumpy.gif

I have one beautiful chick that decided to hatch around 10 last night and another that is busy maybe getting ready to unzip!!  So far so good!!! I will get some pics soon. :jumpy

I had about 5 more hatch over night, including 2 from my blue eggs. I'm not sure which chicks they are though. I have one gorgeous little blue chick... I wish I knew who her parents were too. All seem healthy and adorable

Back
Top Bottom