August Hatch-A-Long

I have one peeping egg out of my shipped, overheated, cooled, and reheated eggs. Others are rocking. If they hatch these are going to be some tough chicks. 10 eggs in lock down.
bow.gif

I have one peeping egg out of my shipped, overheated, cooled, and reheated eggs. Others are rocking. If they hatch these are going to be some tough chicks. 10 eggs in lock down.
bow.gif

They are going to be tough little buggers!! Good Luck Today first day of lockdown?

Here are my 3 chicks! My fourth one isn't quite ready for pics yet
tongue.png

The first pic was the first one out and then #2 and the last two pics of #3
jumpy.gif
Hope everyone is doing good!

bow.gif
I'm with you on this. This is my first time and I've had a heck of a time keeping temps correct. I'm hoping that they all aren't dead! I candled on day 4. Today is day 7 but I'm afraid to candle again. I don't want to handle them too much and cause more damage. Guess I'm going to have to be patient and wait til day 14.
th.gif
Its going to be so hard! I want to see what's going on in there! I have 9 Blue Double Laced Barnevelder eggs (shipped) and 19 barnyard mix eggs from my parent's flock. I just hope this isn't going to be an expensive lesson I'm learning lol.

I'm with you on this. This is my first time and I've had a heck of a time keeping temps correct. I'm hoping that they all aren't dead! I candled on day 4. Today is day 7 but I'm afraid to candle again. I don't want to handle them too much and cause more damage. Guess I'm going to have to be patient and wait til day 14.
th.gif
Its going to be so hard! I want to see what's going on in there! I have 9 Blue Double Laced Barnevelder eggs (shipped) and 19 barnyard mix eggs from my parent's flock. I just hope this isn't going to be an expensive lesson I'm learning lol.
My temp was all over the place, and too hot for several days! I hear peeping in several now. So, stay hopeful.
OMG, I sure hope you Blue Double Laced Barnevelders make it. (Can I admit I am a tiny bit jealous... but would be so happy for you to hatch them alive!!!)

My temp was all over the place, and too hot for several days! I hear peeping in several now. So, stay hopeful.
OMG, I sure hope you Blue Double Laced Barnevelders make it. (Can I admit I am a tiny bit jealous... but would be so happy for you to hatch them alive!!!)
Thanks Kendy! lol Maybe if I get my barnevelder flock up and going I can send you a few eggs in the future!
jumpy.gif
I'm not in it to get rich. I just love the breed. They are so beautiful!

Last edited:
Thanks Kendy! lol Maybe if I get my barnevelder flock up and going I can send you a few eggs in the future!
jumpy.gif
I'm not in it to get rich. I just love the breed. They are so beautiful!

Well let's get yours hatched. And mine hatched and maybe we can swap eggs in the spring! :) Mine are green egg layers so together we can make olive eggs! :)

Back
Top Bottom