August Hatch-A-Long

howfunkyisurchicken & Iko127, your babies are so adorable! Great job - soak up all the fuzzy sweetness while you can
love.gif
. My (5) 8 week olds are at that 'agh!, don't touch me!!' stage. They were all so cuddly & affectionate until a few weeks ago - now they only want something to do with me when they're exhausted. Then I love all over them like their baby days...Sheesh...Teenagers! I still have no rocking or cheeping, today is day 24. I have been told by one member that her 1st hatch took til day 25 & another that hers waited until day 28...sooooo....
fl.gif
Quote: This is going to be the best loved hatch ever!!! Good luck, we are all pulling for you & your eggs
big_smile.png

Well let's get yours hatched. And mine hatched and maybe we can swap eggs in the spring! :) Mine are green egg layers so together we can make olive eggs! :)
Agreed! No need in counting unhatched chicks now! lol I have some Araucanas too! Just a pair and I don't think they are full blood but they are soooo close to laying age. I would definitely egg swap!

Here are my 3 chicks! My fourth one isn't quite ready for pics yet
tongue.png

The first pic was the first one out and then #2 and the last two pics of #3
jumpy.gif
Hope everyone is doing good!

*sigh* There's something about babies! Congratulations!
celebrate.gif

The final count for our first hatching was 8 out of 12. We purchased the eggs, so we are happy to get 66%. We will have our breeding suites finished soon and will be able to use our own eggs. I have dubbed it the "Adam and Eve center for reproductive studies". Maybe I could get a grant for it, but not likely, since the nesting coupe is named the "Ronald Reagan center for economic growth".

All eight lived and are growing. Just set 80 more eggs today

Oh Yeah!
ya.gif
I just saw a very definite wobble of my cracked egg! She hasn't broken through the shell yet and I thought I'd leave her till tomorrow before thinking of helping her out....but she seems to be doing ok, was just resting!
pop.gif

Still can hear no quackling, even now the birds have finally gone to bed...but I have been reading threads here furiously and I hear that other chicks have not made a sound till 24hrs or more after pipping, so I'm feeling better about it all!!!!
yesss.gif
Hi! How are your eggs doing? I usually make a safehole for my ducks 24 hrs after they pip internally(you can now hear them cheeping in the egg now) so I know they have enough air. Ducks take much longer to hatch than chicks so once they have a safehole I give them another 24-36hours before I intervene or assist. I just peek into the window to see that their beak is moving and its breathing. Also watch to make sure the membrane doesn't dry out...just keep humidity up and bator closed
wink.png
Hoping by the time you read this some ducklings will be arriving soon
fl.gif
Good Luck!!!

howfunkyisurchicken & Iko127, your babies are so adorable! Great job - soak up all the fuzzy sweetness while you can
love.gif
. My (5) 8 week olds are at that 'agh!, don't touch me!!' stage. They were all so cuddly & affectionate until a few weeks ago - now they only want something to do with me when they're exhausted. Then I love all over them like their baby days...Sheesh...Teenagers! I still have no rocking or cheeping, today is day 24. I have been told by one member that her 1st hatch took til day 25 & another that hers waited until day 28...sooooo....
fl.gif
This is going to be the best loved hatch ever!!! Good luck, we are all pulling for you & your eggs
big_smile.png
Hi!
So sorry to hear about your hatch
hugs.gif
Have been out of touch and jus caught up with everyone! I have had mine hatch out late if my temps were lower at points so not sure what day you are on but it does happen! And you are right...LOL...teenage chicks are MOODY...but thankfully can still be bribed with treats.....LOL
lau.gif

Well today I had to get rid of my last 3 eggs...didn't make it
sad.png
So I hope you all don't mind but I am posting pics of my "not hatched by me" and :"not adopted by my broody" chicks..LOL

Crazy experience for sure...hopefully next time will go better! Congrats on everyone's adorable babies
love.gif

I have a couple external peeps, a couple have gone very quiet... Might have chicks soon.

Back
Top Bottom