August Hatch-A-Long

Well today I had to get rid of my last 3 eggs...didn't make it
sad.png
So I hope you all don't mind but I am posting pics of my "not hatched by me" and :"not adopted by my broody" chicks..LOL

Crazy experience for sure...hopefully next time will go better! Congrats on everyone's adorable babies
love.gif

Super cuties!! However you got chicks, I am glad you have them!!

My broody has 3 eggs under her that are staggered but I have no idea of their due dates! I candle them nearly everyday and she doesn't get too upset with me. One is getting really close and the others won't be too far behind I think. I know it isn't necessary, it just makes me happy to see into the little eggs. With my current eggs in lockdown, a bunch just started... what else am I going to candle!?

My broody has 3 eggs under her that are staggered but I have no idea of their due dates!  I candle them nearly everyday and she doesn't get too upset with me.  One is getting really close and the others won't be too far behind I think.    I know it isn't necessary,  it just makes me happy to see into the little eggs.   With my current eggs in lockdown, a bunch just started... what else am I going to candle!?

Lol. I have the same (bad) habit. The previous time my hen went broody, even though there was no need for it and the chick wad hatching fine, I assisted two in hatching with no apparent reason. I can't blame myself now because I have a fair amount of experience under my sleeve. Just waiting for these two remaining weeks to pass quickly. Hurry up chickies.

Well today I had to get rid of my last 3 eggs...didn't make it
sad.png
So I hope you all don't mind but I am posting pics of my "not hatched by me" and :"not adopted by my broody" chicks..LOL

Crazy experience for sure...hopefully next time will go better! Congrats on everyone's adorable babies
love.gif
Very cute! Just love them all!!

Lol. I have the same (bad) habit. The previous time my hen went broody, even though there was no need for it and the chick wad hatching fine, I assisted two in hatching with no apparent reason. I can't blame myself now because I have a fair amount of experience under my sleeve. Just waiting for these two remaining weeks to pass quickly. Hurry up chickies.

I guess some of us are just a little too "hands on"
wink.png

I am the kind of gardener that will dig up seeds to see if they have sprouted...

Thank goodness for the sneak peak candling provides!

So many cute chicks! Congrats to everyone!

I ended up with 21 chicks out of the 28 that made it to lockdown. The 3 eggs that were questionable didn't hatch. Neither did the one with the weird air cell. That leaves 3 that looked good at lock down but didn't hatch. I had one hatch this morning, really late! Maybe there is still hope for the others. Most of the chicks went to a friend of mine that wanted some. I kept a few though. I tried to give them to my broody that hatched some chicks recently but she didn't want anything to do with them. Her roommate LOVED them and wanted to be their mommy so badly, but I had to take them away because of the other hen. I put them in with some older chicks instead. The size difference is a little scary to me, but they are all getting along just fine. The little ones just run and hide under their ecoglow if they need to escape. If I have to, I can set up another small brooder for them. They just have a whole lot more room if I put them with the other chicks. :)

So many cute chicks! Congrats to everyone!

I ended up with 21 chicks out of the 28 that made it to lockdown. The 3 eggs that were questionable didn't hatch. Neither did the one with the weird air cell. That leaves 3 that looked good at lock down but didn't hatch. I had one hatch this morning, really late! Maybe there is still hope for the others. Most of the chicks went to a friend of mine that wanted some. I kept a few though. I tried to give them to my broody that hatched some chicks recently but she didn't want anything to do with them. Her roommate LOVED them and wanted to be their mommy so badly, but I had to take them away because of the other hen. I put them in with some older chicks instead. The size difference is a little scary to me, but they are all getting along just fine. The little ones just run and hide under their ecoglow if they need to escape. If I have to, I can set up another small brooder for them. They just have a whole lot more room if I put them with the other chicks. :)

Congrats on the hatch. I have 2 out that look good, one out who looks really bad, like it's beak is deformed, 4 with no action, 3 in process. I can't wait until I can open it up and look at them. These chicks spent 4 days nearly 10 degrees hot, and then with the temp all over the place well I tried to get it stable again.

Back
Top Bottom