Augusta Maine Poultry Swap/ Farm Days thread June- Dec 2013

I plan on bringing a sizzle, 9-10 weeks old light blue in color ,smooth and 2 blue silkies and 2 white silkies 8 weeks to 13 weeks.

I hope to make it. I have some 4 month old salmon Faverolles pullets and two 4 month old Leghorn pullets.
Unfortunately I had no room for pullets on the ride up. The meat birds due for an appointment at Jason's on Monday took up more room than I had expected. If there is anyone interested in Fav pullets or the Leghorns, I can bring them with me in a couple of weeks when we're back up this way. We're in the Waterville/Winslow/China area.

I had so much fun today! I got the three birds I'd reserved (two leghorns and a silkie), and impulsively bought a sweet little Brahma. I'm thinking the leghorns are some sort of crosses, though-- one of them has feathered feet, and the other has blue feet. Any thoughts on what they could be?

I wish I could have stuck around longer, but I still had to whip up their run before I go to work in a bit. I feel a bit sorry for my silkie-- one of my leghorns keeps picking on her, but I'm just thinking they're trying to establish some sort of pecking order? Maybe next time, I'll be able to get a rabbit or more birds or something.
yippiechickie.gif

what an awesome day, beautiful sunny but not too hot. still made enough sales that I was able purchase a wool fleece for my felting.

When the next swap????? The swaps in Southern Maine are small. I have a Silver Laced roo & a cute little black silkie that needs a new home. I am looking for a couple youngish pullets.

the next swap at this location is August 24th and 31st (there is one this saturday in Waterville)

When the next swap????? The swaps in Southern Maine are small. I have a Silver Laced roo & a cute little black silkie that needs a new home. I am looking for a couple youngish pullets.

cutting and pasting from the fb page the most recent posts that are coming to the aug 24th swap, you can also view these and respond on our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/518498174864978/:

wanted:
Does anyone have any Marans? Hens or pullets, preferably already laying.

Also looking for Bantam Wyandotte hens.

Hey everyone I hace been searching like crazy for a mature Blue Laced Wyandotte no cross breds please... if u have one or find one let me know.... thanks

Looking for barred rock hens, and possibly even a reasonably priced doe goat or 2 at the 24th swap...anyone?

for sale:
Have a new wooden 4 hole nest box that hangs on the wall 4 ft 5 inches long 19 3/4 inches wide and 20 1/2 inches tall asking $40.00.
Muscovy's for sale blk/wh, choc/wh nice ducks females and males going to cut back before the bald eagles and their kids think this is their place to eat.They don't look pretty right now because of moulting. Have a few to pick from.

have 4 mixed ducks 2 are a little over a year and 2 are only a couple months 2 older ones are female and the 2 younger unsure still to small $5 a piece

4x8 coop with 8x7 pen and 3 grey call ducks of breeder qualitie. will let go for $675. in belgrade. can deliver. Message for more details

Back
Top Bottom