Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

LOL hey Lucas.... I read just about everything in https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-and-raising-chicks section

I only used Satays advice and the candling info !
Yeah, it is all a bit much.
I did get some good info on it though.

Quote: Well that goes with everything chicken I think.lol.
I just need more practice and to help...I have just received my posted eggs
celebrate.gif
!!!
They will be going into the bator tomorrow and 12. I really really want to do well with these ones
fl.gif

Yeah, it is all a bit much.
I did get some good info on it though.

Well that goes with everything chicken I think.lol.
I just need more practice and to help...I have just received my posted eggs:celebrate !!!
They will be going into the bator tomorrow and 12. I really really want to do well with these ones:fl .

Did you end up buying leghorn ones from julie? I am sure you'll do well luke :)

What I was trying to say Teila, was that you can manage them. Not that I'd suggest you break a local law.

But it does only work if you lock them all up - turns out I've got FOUR roos in my backyard. That means I got 6 roos out of my last hatch of 9.

Also have to say I love the sound of a crowing rooster. Love it!
Thanks for that MyHaven :)

Who knows, if Suzi is a rooster, that the noises he makes could be heard over the Crows and Parrots anyway :)
As FCL mentioned, he could make squeaking or other strange noises .. so until 'If' or 'When' I am not going to worry .. .. it could be 5 months before I know and if I start worrying too much now I will be certifiable by then. I am literally going to treat them exactly the same as I have to date, enjoy every minute with them and wait for an egg or a crow and then make decisions, if necessary :)

Back
Top Bottom