Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

awwww YAY!!  Can't wait for pics :D

Thanks Fancy.  I know on the bottle of the Avitrol tabs not to use on food producing animals - what would the withholding period be? 

It's the praziquantel that can be toxic to their liver if overdosed. As with ivermectin the

chemical is also quickly absorbed into their bloodstream , making it difficult to guess a withholding period. Here's the information I found from the companies own vet.

What are people experiences with the best time & the easiest time to sell excess chicks/older chicks/young pullets. I absolutely have to move most of mine on before anyone crows, but I'm torn with waiting until they feather out so I can see which are roosters & which feathering I like most. They are so gorgeous but my four hens are driving me nuts with their pre-dawn cackling. I've started seeing flashes of roast chicken through exhausted morning eyes. The thought of 10 doing that is, hmm...

I'd say the younger the better. Saves you money on feed that way. But most people do want to know the sex. I know when we buy them at feed stores in the states they are "sexed as females". Then the TRUTH is that we end up with about 25% roosters anyways. UGH!

We can't generally buy chicks at a feed store over here. Normally most feed stores have isa browns or something similar at point of lay. The odd produce will have other breeds as well.

Last edited:
do you think they wanna get out
lau.gif

The little one at the front has her beak pushed up against the side of the bator .

So gorgeous!
love.gif

I'm not sure I'm ready to part with them now. I had just thought that they would be a lot harder to sell when they are older, but maybe that's just the roosters. Thanks for the feedback. : )

I believe the correct term is LOTS of chickens! It was a good hatch! How many all,up?
Did not really count them. They came out in 3 different hatches, 14 out 16, 20 out of 24 and 22 out of 24 = 56, lost 3 and another black 1 over night. I must admit it was one of the better hatch off I have had.

Back
Top Bottom