Australians - Where are you all????

Hi yes I'm in australia yes I'm in australian and yes I have chickens haha.... I live in perth, duncraig to be precise, I'm originally from new south wales suburb of Bondi. .. I have daisy a beautiful big brown chook but can't remember what
[/IMG][/IMG] shes actually called and I have a Olivia my lavender Akahna? cant spell it but they are so gorgeous I'll try to add a photo. .. and thanks for asking I was wondering the same thing because almost everybody is from the other side of the world haha

i havent been on for a few days and just read about the chickens ...... Gee talk about overreacting on their part... Hopefully the rest will be released soon.

On a happier note I have the third laying.. But now the first two are having a rest.... Slackers!! Lol. But can't complain first layer laid for 5 days and the second laid for two days. Hoping all three lay tomorrow

Thank you guys so much for your support..,I'm just a single mum with a small rare breed chicken hobby farm in Victoria... I will update if there is anything we can do and also how we go in court on Thursday... Hopefully with good news that we are able to have our birds re-tested and healthy birds delivered to their owners. The ARPIS staff are doing the best they can and as a syndicate member I have good faith in them that they will be crossing all the t's and dotting all the i's.... xx

By the way redfeather I find scrabbled eggs works great but if I want to give a boost after moult I use sardines or other little fish
smile.png
thank you at TheChookPatch for taking the time to reply with suggestions, while you must have a lot on your plate at the moment.
Hope all resolves well. Good luck for the future
smile.png

Hi yes I'm in australia yes I'm in australian and yes I have chickens haha.... I live in perth, duncraig to be precise, I'm originally from new south wales suburb of Bondi. .. I have daisy a beautiful big brown chook but can't remember what
[/URL] shes actually called and I have a Olivia my lavender Akahna? cant spell it but they are so gorgeous I'll try to add a photo. .. and thanks for asking I was wondering the same thing because almost everybody is from the other side of the world haha
welcome - on this thread "Australians where are you all" it's mostly all Australians - guess that was why it was started
smile.png

Hi MyHaven ... My girls were quite enthused about the potatos and bran - but took their time eating it ! Linda did specify when I asked her, to not overfeed the bran - and then a customer came in and we didn't get back to that conversation. I can't recall if it was you who talked about 'crumble' ... something I wondered about at the time, as I have used layer pellets for my girls and initially thought crumble was just a mash up of the pellets into smaller bits ( silly me ). Anyway, when last in the produce store - I asked if I could get a small bag of grower or finisher pellets which are tiny, as my girls have somewhat gone 'off' the layer pellets ( from the looks of their feeder ). I had used up the last of grower I had, and they hopped into that like there was no tomorrow. NO said Linda - " if your chickens are laying ( two of them are - and moulting at the same time ) and you feed grower or finisher ( Barastoc or any brand ) ... to them, then you shouldn't eat any eggs while they are on it, because it is laced with medications for the younger chickens. Why not give them the crumble here - it has a lot of protein in it." I came home with the bag of crumble and mix it with the seeds etc. and they love that. So there ya go .... there is soooo much to learn about chickens. Needless to say, I spend a lot of time on this site.

Cheers, AB.
thanks for sharing the info on the grower/finisher pellets!!! that is really worth knowing
thumbsup.gif

Haha ok i definatly will thanks for the heads up and i feel heaps better now i know im not the only Ozzy cos i was starting to wonder haha

Back
Top Bottom