Australians - Where are you all????

Pics
I love the new avatar wooklet- Very cute... Sorry to hear about the little chick..its so sad- but at least you were willing to give it a go. My daughter is excited- but I have tried to keep things low key, I dont want her to be disappointed. I know I can handle it but I have tried not to involve her too much yet.. My nerves are really starting to show now-

There is plenty of room in the incubator now fro those eggs. ( thank you again - ) . In a few days I will only have 5 ducks eggs due in three weeks. ( I have the double yolker and two other eggs due that will be removed with in that time... ) I am hoping to pick up some wyandotte eggs this week too- to go in with the polish. I hope I do as well with the chickens as I do with ducks. I am so looking foward to having some chickens.

And also welcome leebee - good to have another Aussie aboard.

Hi guys. I'm still hanging around keeping an eye on things
big_smile.png

I have been reading your thread on the twins Ducky - sorry that they didnt make it. But thanks for sharing the journey with everyone.
Chicken wise I havent been doing anything!! Just enjoying the girls I have. The day dream still lingers of getting a few presentable coops organised and be able to get a few more chooks. I can't see it happening for a bit - but I am glad the dream hasnt died on me!!
wink.png

Thanks Annabella, good to hear from you again. Its been great feeling the support and comfort from the members of this site.

My guts are struggling with the heat a bit. I still cant let the babies outside during the day while I am at work- so I have to come home on my lunch break to make sure everyone is OK.

I am of course about to embark on another adventure. I am about to start letting my daughter hatch some chickens!!! ( thanks Wooklet.. )

Its going to be strange setting such small eggs after the bigger ones my ducks lay.

"I love the new avatar wooklet- Very cute... Sorry to hear about the little chick..its so sad- but at least you were willing to give it a go."

that is my little Frizzle,Frizzle dad,Polish Mum - I think that she looks like a ballet dancer with her Tutu on! Guess we've all had a sad week - today is Dads birthday, he died 9 years ago,but I still miss him !

Glad the eggs arrived so quickly - I think they are quite big eggs being used to Bantams and these are Standard! Were they all in one piece? I think that I went a bit overboard with the packing, but I wanted to give them the best possible chance of getting to you in one piece.

Have you picked up your new car yet? A pic would be good. I have ordered 3 silkies from that lady,jet black. They will be here in about 10 days - I am very excited!

Your pictures of the twins were amazing, but so sad. I hope that you get another chance to hatch twins one day. How common are double yolkers? We used to have an Isa Brown who laid HUGE eggs, and they were always double yolkers, if I had known then what I know now,I would have got her a Rooster and put the eggs in the incubator.

Hi Annabelle! Nice to hear from you again! I always had a dream of living in Tassie on a couple of acres,and here I am,so keep dreaming,it will happen if you want it badly enough,because you will make it happen!

hi Wooklet, thanx. yes i have 4 chickens n a rooster atm ive just started up again i wanna get a couple of ducks now
smile.png
my woodstock is t famous woodstock lol its a lil country town in nsw near bathurst... if ur aware of the bathurst 1000's (car racing) its near there.
hi duckyfromoz, thanx, its good 2 chat with every1 bout their animals im luvin backyardchickens
smile.png

my home consist of.. 4 chickens, a Rooster..(jack) 2 cats lucky n princess, 2 dogs bruiser n lightning, 2 kids Jaylee n Jasper n a boyfriend Danial
smile.png

Last edited:
I have just had a chicken break the record for the fastest/earliest hatch!! My eggs are due to go into lockdown tomorrow,and I was sitting at the computer when I heard loud cheeping. I looked around all the broody boxes, no problems, sat down at the computer again,and "peep!peep!peep!" really loudly. Suddenly realised that it was coming from the incubator. There was a newly hatched silky chick,caught in the turner.
ep.gif
Managed to untangle it,and it is now residing in a hastily made up broody box. Wow! Never had one hatch before Lockdown before! There is another egg chirping,so I've had to take out the turner,fill everything up with water,put down the rubber mats,all a day before lockdown. I'm going to call this one Speedy Gonzales!
wee.gif

Yes, I know Bathhurst leebee,nice area. Didn't think that it was the same Woodstock!!
How're you today,Ducky?

I am ok wooklet...thanks for asking...5 newly hatched little ones have kept me busy with so many others all running around the yard. I am still dwelling on what could have been with the twins..but have been trying to keep bust so I dont think of them too much. I have decided I want to get a enlarged print of them made up. Sad as they were dead when the photo was taken. - but I want to have a special photo of them to put on the bookcase where I have the ashes of a few special duckies.

I also went and picked up a new vehicle today...
sad.png
Lesson learnt... next time take a bloke with me... I am angry at myself. On Saturday I saw a Red holden ute. I have thought about a ute before- and loved the look of this one. Its not perfect-it is a 14 year old- but it was fairly clean and drove OK when I tested it. I didnt look under the bonnet on Saturday though- and today I get home to find it leaking transmission oil. GGGRRRRRRRRR. Also its a second hand motor in it- so although the klms were fairly low...now I have no idea how much the motor really has done. It also been run on gas for a long time-so while the motor is clean- I dont know anything about cars run on gas- and how it can have other bad effects on them .

The eggs are in the bator- Day one now...20 to go.

Oh gosh..I forgot to comment about your little speedy one. Day 17 WOW
ep.gif
thats incredible!!! Im sure it was a huge shock to have one hatch THAT early.

woot.gif
Yay! Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooray!
thumbsup.gif
Told you he was a prolific rooster! I am so glad for you, obviously they travelled o.k.
I ended up with 3 little Silkies popping out one after the other - 17th day,unbelievable!
I am Sooooo over RAIN!

Back
Top Bottom