Australians - Where are you all????

Pics
frow.gif
To everyone. Hope you are all enjoying 2011 so far. Very unlike my usual self- I really dont have much to say for once..But just wanted to pop in and say hello to you all .

Hopefully I can surprise you with some new ducklings photos in a day or two though.

Happy New year everyone. Have been offline with no internet or computer for a while but now im back and the girls have started laying! Most i have had is 5 out of six eggs for a day, not sure if they are all laying yet, but my egg numbers do vary from day to day although i am generally collecting 4 each day. I think the sudden onset of hot weather has probably had and influence too thankfully not too much over 40 so far. And ive had a few double yokers already!!

They have stated laying at the right time job situation has changed and with the kids on school holidays they are proving quite the staple in our diet at the moment.

Hope everyone elses chooks are ok and eveyone is surviving the hot summer

elizabethbinary How are you doing up there???

I am heading up to Cairns tomorrow. So glad I can get to see my sick father and not have to worry about floods that far up. I have been watching the hours of footage on TV and just cant believe the damage and just how widespread it all was.

Finally back online after a week being flooded in. Luckily I was on higher ground so no loss of property here. Our town went under as did most small towns around here. I live in Esk which is only 20 minutes from Grantham where all the major deaths etc have occured. We live 15 kms or so from Wivenhoe Dam. There is so much loss for people in all the small towns around here it is something I never thought I would see.

Last edited:
So glad you are o.k. Satay. Yes, it's been a most unusual Summer! We also had flooding in Tassie where I am(Railton),and another hour of rain and we would have been in trouble,as it was we were hemmed in,all sides flooded. I had my priorities right - 4 favourite chooks(Malays) in a dog crate,ready to evacuate,and the rest of the pens I opened to give them a fighting chance, really hope everyone else is o.k., if you can let us know! We're worried for you!

All good here. Water came to the bottom of the street of where we live, but no further.
smile.png

My children live in Toowoomba and watched the tidal wave wash through their work place washing colleagues cars down the road.
sad.png

My girls had parked higher up that day. Other family in Toowoomba and Brisbane safe.

Its been a dreadful time, and has cut me emotionally quite badly.
hit.gif
So dreadfully sad for those that have suffered, particulary, at Murphys Creek and Grantham.

Grantham is raising money particularly for their area, if anyone is interested. You can find their info on facebook, as Grantham Floods Support.

Keep safe.

Had some little guys hatch this week. I actually cant remember exactly how many hatched..its too early in the morning - But I will take another pic of the whole group when I wake up in the morning.

All dry here in Melbourne- and still in shock from seeing all the footage. I have to head up to my block of land some time in the next few days to check for water damage- It wasnt flooded up there- but a lot of the roads were closed.

Last edited:
they are A for ADORABLE Ducky! What colour are the darker ones going to be? They look special!
How was your block of land? Hope not too much damage-hope NONE actually. The footage has been shocking,and I feel so much for all those poor people who have not only lost everything,but are now being told that they are not insured, how would you feel? It doesn't seem fair to leave hubby here to look after all my chickens(or safe!!),or I would be going up to help.

Said a sad farewell to my Polish family today,the Rooster , his two hens and two daughters have gone to live on 20 acres in Launceston. I have enjoyed having them and will miss them a lot, but I want to concentrate on Silkies,Malay game and Frizzles. They have gone to a wonderful home, they will free range,and the lady loves her chickens, but they were decorative to have around,and I shall miss them.
hit.gif

Annabella,I'm so glad that you and your family are safe - how awful knowing that they were in Toowomba. Were their houses o.k.?

Back
Top Bottom