Australians - Where are you all????

Pics
Fantastic news for Harry wooklet. did you have them transported from NSW or were they already living in Tassie?? Either way - Harry will be very happy Im sure... Hope you are feeling better soon wooklet.

Already living in Tassie, I have to make a correction, the Drake and Duck(parents) were from NSW. I also hope my cold goes soon - Thank you! Hope you get up to your property,Ducky!

Have a great weekend all!
frow.gif

I don't get mine until maybe mid next week. Our school sends them out by post now.
sad.png

Never mind, it's the holidays. I would be happy if some people did not jump to conclusions so fast and say really hurtful things.

Oh i haven't gotten my report yet, was just a feedback thing today at school and some of my teachers told me my grade.

On the internet, you have to understand, that sometimes things can be misunderstood, as you cannot tell the tone that things are being said with, and sometimes accidents happen and people take things the wrong way, then there are other cases when that ^ happens because someone hasn't fully read whats going on, now i will admit that i have been guilty of doing both things time to time,, but it works out, and i just think through my head what it may sound like to others before posting it.

See that^ may come across as slightly snippy, but it's not meant in that way, its mean in an explanatory way
smile.png

They give out "academic excellences" here. Every year, I am practically the only person in my year level who doesn't get one. I don't know where I go wrong!
idunno.gif
tongue.png

Perhaps it's because I don't pay attention in classes I dislike.
lau.gif

Especially English, I make it very clear to the teacher that the novel we're studying has nothing going for me, so she knows I'm genuinely not interested and not just being a lazy bum
tongue.png

But seriously? "Pity me"?
It's those sorts of things that really get on my nerves. Have they ever thought about whether someone just wanted a way out of there? I'm the sort of person who thinks of things to say five hours after the incident actually occurs. I come up with exactly what I should've said.

Except by then it's too late, and people have started making all sorts of assumptions.
barnie.gif

The best thing to do when misunderstandings happen is to say sorry, and let the issue go and not get all worked up over it, as that only leads to more problems etc.

I get that some may not understand the loss of an animal as much as others can or how people can get attached to their pets. But sometimes you have to put yourself in the other persons shoes to see what they may be feeling at the time. It can be very heartbreaking when you lose something especially a living thing that you were attached to and close to. When people are already upset, some people (including me) can be a bit more sensitive to what others say and misinterprit what has been said. So as i said the best thing to do, is Apologise, and explain what you meant leave it at that. Stuff happens, but its not always easily delt with.

I did apologise.

I'm still stewing over that comment about trying to attract pity for myself though.
somad.gif
I would never do that....

I know.
My hen died on me a few days ago.
She was the best pet I'd ever had, but strangely enough I didn't feel sad.

These sorts of things have never made me sad.
I remember one time especially that upset me quite a bit.
In class, we were watching a documentary about an African genocide, there were interviews with people who'd had their children killed, all that sort of gory stuff.
Everyone was crying, except me of course. It's life for some people.

At the end, my teacher told us "If you're not feeling sad, you cannot be a human being."
I wasn't feeling sad. I waited till the end of class and let him have it.
That was good....

Some people react to things differently than others.. Best thing to do is not get worked up or get angry and say things that you will regret later, as again it may come across differently to others. Its the difficult thing about chatting online or on forums, things are easily misunderstood and then problems build up and 9 times out of 10 someone gets hurt or mad or even more angry.

Back
Top Bottom