Australians - Where are you all????

Pics
Quote:
Chinese food!
droolin.gif

We have a really good place near where we are, they do the best sizzling black pepper beef.

I like Mongolian Lamb.

Quote:
Chinese food!
droolin.gif

We have a really good place near where we are, they do the best sizzling black pepper beef.

I like Mongolian Lamb.

I usually have Mongolian beef if I want Mongolian, but chicken's my other favourite
lol.png

I don't usually have lamb when I go out.

Neither do i, only when its chinese food.. but i did have Lamb shanks with a redwine gravy at the local vikings club... it was tooo rich
hmm.png

Quote:
Oh...I think I saw the add for those duckies on a noticeboard. I was thinking of you and thought maybe they were the ones you were getting - (as I didnt look at the date ) I read an advert for someone with 2 week old?? ducklings from parents from the mainland. Oh you are going to love raising duckies all over again. PEAS!! My ducks have never been crazy over them- so I always just buy mioxed vegies for the ducks...but the babies are loving them!! I go to the shops and pick up 3 or four 1kg packs each week. I put the ducks in the bath tub for a swim and sprinkle some peas in aswell. Its such fun to watch them stick their heads under just like ducks should to find food.

I changed my mind about going up...I so wanted to sleep up there...but I am feeling a little under the weather myself today, so have just been hibernating. I took some of my babies out for some sun today- but I think I want a nice warm bed tonight..with an electric blanket rather than sleeping somewhere that is so cold I wake up with icicles on my face. Oh...I took some pics today...i will go upload some..

ok...well first one that wasnt taken today..but I so love how this girl has grown up. She is my favourite from ALL I have hatched so far colour wise. This pic was taken a few weeks ago at a show- but I havent put it anywhere much lately... I did use it for the Indian Runner Duck group on FB though... Just to proud of how gorgeous she is. I should have made sure the cage bar wast in the shot... But Im sure I will get plenty more shots of this girl in the future. Actually - I do have shows coming up over the next two weekends.

46956_vwa_2011.jpg

And here are the pics form today.. some three week olds enjoying a bit of sun.

46956_winter_day_1.jpg

46956_winter_day.jpg

Quote:
Oh...I think I saw the add for those duckies on a noticeboard. I was thinking of you and thought maybe they were the ones you were getting - (as I didnt look at the date ) I read an advert for someone with 2 week old?? ducklings from parents from the mainland. Oh you are going to love raising duckies all over again. PEAS!! My ducks have never been crazy over them- so I always just buy mioxed vegies for the ducks...but the babies are loving them!! I go to the shops and pick up 3 or four 1kg packs each week. I put the ducks in the bath tub for a swim and sprinkle some peas in aswell. Its such fun to watch them stick their heads under just like ducks should to find food.

I changed my mind about going up...I so wanted to sleep up there...but I am feeling a little under the weather myself today, so have just been hibernating. I took some of my babies out for some sun today- but I think I want a nice warm bed tonight..with an electric blanket rather than sleeping somewhere that is so cold I wake up with icicles on my face. Oh...I took some pics today...i will go upload some..

Yes, those were the ducklings that you saw! She doesn't want them to leave home for a couple of weeks yet, but I must keep in touch with her and make sure that she is handling them - the way the ad was worded sounded like she does care for them. Yes, I am very excited about it,as is Harry - he doesn't know yet of course, but he would be excited if he knew! You must take a video and put it on you tube of the ducklings chasing peas, that would be so cute! I must buy mine a swimming shell,and some peas ,of course!
clap.gif

Your pictures are gorgeous,as always, what colour is the "brown" one called? I am going to Sydney for a week on the 11th July,so no more showing now until the 30th - our annual show-my little Reserve Champ has lost a bit of condition,so the break will be a chance to build her up again. Maybe I should add peas to her diet too!!

Hope you feel better soon- there are a few winter bugs around atm-electric blanket sounds good!

Dear moderators I have no idea where to post this one so here goes.
Hi there. We currently live on Long Island NY but are planning to move back to my home country... Australia early next year. We obviously can't take our chickens with us but we will have chickens there. The problem is my 5 yr old has become very attached to one of our chickies. Clementine. She is a tiny bantam cochin x with maybe a silkie(?) with little feathery legs and feet. We love her. We also love this other girl Buffy who is a leghorn x with some type of buff(probably cochin but no feathered feet)
So I am wondering if anyone in the Blue Mountains can help us in the next 6 months or so find a chicken that looks a little or a lot like our darling Clementine. And maybe on like Buffy too. We are also looking for an EE with the partridge wind markings and the cute eyeliner.

This is both of them... Buffy is a regular size pullet about 14/15 weeks Clementine is the same age just to give you an idea her size.
92388_p1030009.jpg

Our darling Clementine
92388_p1030010.jpg

I now this sounds crazy but we love these ones and are just hoping to have some familiar family members when we get here. Thanks to anyone with ideas or leads. My mum is there and will come get them if someone has them before we arrive. I am posting this now so we have plenty of time.
idunno.gif
hide.gif

Yes I am crazy
TIA

Last edited:
Hi there littlebirdoz Welcome to the Aussie thread. Its a great place here to post about your need for some birds once you get home again. I am from Melbourne- so logistics of transport would be difficult but I will send you some links you can share with your mother that may help you find some replacements for your gorgeous chookies.

Im sure your family will be glad to have you home again- but it will be sad for your family to have to leave the chickens behind. Sad that quarantine rules wont permit you to bring them.

hugs.gif
about the chicks, but glad to have you on board!

I think ducky nailed it there: quarantine would be the main problem.

Hi Littlebirdoz -
welcome-byc.gif
Your chickens are gorgeous, I can see why you don't want to leave them behind, I do hope that you can find similar over here!

I'm selling all my chickens and getting ducks - we have had rain for 48 hours, the backyard is a mudpile, the pens are soaking wet,as are the chickens. there again, even ducks would be fed up of this!

Back
Top Bottom