Australians - Where are you all????

hi Whiteflare You changed your avatar!! Wow a place that only sells female chicks?? We have a very unscrupulous fellow down here that sells off all the male chicks at a market for a dollar each. Sad that so many suburbanites buy them thinking it is a cheap way to get some home laid eggs. ..... only to find they start crowing months later.

Aussies thread!
ep.gif

I'm in Adelaide, howdy everyone.

Mine are all hens too, we must get them from the same store or something, because we couldn't find roos anywhere
tongue.png

I don't think they're allowed, anyway.
caf.gif

Hi there Chookies Rox ... you have been a member that long and only just dropping in to say hello now??? Nice to see you found the thread anyway and hope you drop in more often with some stories of those girls of yours.

Quote:
Sorry
hide.gif

before now, I was mostly an OPS/ GJF person, I didn't venture outside of those sections much. But it's good to be here now!

Nothing interesting's happening with them right now, but we suspect the hen we just had die on us wasn't a NHR like the shop said the birds all were: she always looked a little different. Her same-age friend is still very healthy and looks like she's got a few years in her yet
hmm.png

That happened to me. I bought some hens and when I ended up with a Rooster - I had to decide what to do with it. It was already a pet so I couldn't eat it and I can't have Roosters where I live. Fortunately I found someone to take it and they are taking good care of him.

My goose laid its first egg today!!! I was so surprised...I am used to seeing an occasional duck egg out of the nesting boxes...but went over to the nest and nearly fell over when I saw the size of what got laid.
ep.gif

Pity I dont have a gander.. I would love to have some goslings running around here again.

Back
Top Bottom