Australians - Where are you all????

Could you build a fence to keep the dog away from the coop? Sorry to hear that
hugs.gif

How have you guys been lately? I hear Sydney's due for some bad weather the next few days.

I really don't know, his not really getting much chicken time thank god.
I'm even more worried about my birds safety after losing Lucky :/

Hi all!

I haven't been on in a while. Sorry. Blame it on too much schoolwork which I'm not doing right now even though I should. Oh, and my mum went to Melbourne for the weekend, leaving me in charge. Okay, so my father was in charge like he always is but he can't cook and if he tries to get my sister to do something they end up yelling at each other...

I've been to NSW quite a few times but I don't think I've ever been to Tamworth. Two of my mother's siblings live near Sydney (one has lived just near Penrith as long as I've known her, the other moved from Parramatta to Penrith at the end of last year) so we visited them a lot when my cousins were younger (the oldest one over there is now almost 19, and her older siblings are all married!). Also there are a couple of good skiing places in NSW...

As for the dogs, well... I don't have any dogs. My sister's afraid of dogs, and besides that, both of my parents grew up with cats so it was only natural that we get cats rather than dogs. So no problems with dogs hurting my chooks, thank goodness, I just have to watch out for foxes!

from Rachel.

Looks like lots of aussies on here! I'm glad, means there are more people to buy chickens from here xD
Has anyone else been affected by all the rain and flooding in Victoria? Our coop is on higher ground but gets a little river flowing through it from the hill behind it xD Not a pleasant thing to have to walk through when your letting the chickens out in the morning!

Looks like lots of aussies on here! I'm glad, means there are more people to buy chickens from here xD
Has anyone else been affected by all the rain and flooding in Victoria? Our coop is on higher ground but gets a little river flowing through it from the hill behind it xD Not a pleasant thing to have to walk through when your letting the chickens out in the morning!
I was not effected by it.
Though we did have crazy wind here in Bendigo, I was scared my birds were going to get blown over LOL
Yes there are lots of Aussie here.
Walking through water isn't pleasant at all, when it rained here, I had to walk through wet grass mixed with chicken poop, it was so gross

Just a picture of my girl Rose just to lighten up this old day.

I was not effected by it.
Though we did have crazy wind here in Bendigo, I was scared my birds were going to get blown over LOL
Yes there are lots of Aussie here.
Walking through water isn't pleasant at all, when it rained here, I had to walk through wet grass mixed with chicken poop, it was so gross

Just a picture of my girl Rose just to lighten up this old day.
I heard about the wind! We were lucky and didn't really get hit my any wind. Just lots and lots of rain xD
And what a lovely bird Christie! She must be one clean girlie to be so free of mud!

I heard about the wind! We were lucky and didn't really get hit my any wind. Just lots and lots of rain xD
And what a lovely bird Christie! She must be one clean girlie to be so free of mud!
Thanks :) I'm surprised I can keep her clean, this is her first Winter with me, so I'm going to see how well I can keep her clean.
I went out shopping when it was really windy, I kept getting pushed to the right haha.

Hello and welcome to BYC, Phoebe!

Fierlin, the location thing under her profile pic says 'Tamworth'. I admit I'm still not entirely clear on where exactly that is. Everyone's just meant to know, apparently.

Fierlin and I are both from Adelaide.

from Rachel.
Hi guys/gals Tamworth is about 2 thirds north NSW and about one third inland (my estimate) - where is Adelaide??
lau.gif

Sorry that was a bit unkind - I've been to Adelaide a number of times, have two cousins there, and I love it
hugs.gif

you had a bit of a shake-up yesterday, in Tamworth - hope no damage done
hmm.png

I'm down near the coast. Didn't feel a thing!
Only got one egg yesterday, instead of two or three - maybe my chickies felt it
D.gif

cheers
I heard about the earthquake last night on the news.
Maybe the girlies did feel it.
They say because it's Winter egg production lowers, my girls have started to lay again in Winter, I have a better hatch rate in Winter then I do in any other season lols
roll.png

haha, probably not a pleasant thing for your chickies to have to walk through either
D.gif
It would of been, I live on no hill what so ever, so the water stays there for a day or so, it's the only thing that makes me wear shoes LOL

Back
Top Bottom