Australians - Where are you all????

Why hello everybody.
Spring has sprung here as far as the chickens go. My first chick hatched about a week ago, a blue Australorp, and a mighty cute one at that.
I have another nine Australorp eggs in the incubator that are due to hatch in three or four days, problem is I want a little silkie hen to raise them and at the moment I don't have any spare coops available that are appropriate for that, so I have to build one. I've never built anything from scratch before so it should be interesting. Luckily I have acces to heaps of great pallets so apart from screws and hinges it should be free.
I'll give an update on my progress tomorrow night.
wonderful to here and ill keep checking up on your progress and spring has definantly sprung all my hens are popping out those eggs
wee.gif

Well the chicks are now screaming at me through their egg to hurry up and get their home finished. And I am proud to say that it is almost done :D
Here's a pic of it so far. Excuse the messy shed.

It's going to have three doors; a tiny one for chooks to fit through, the top one that you can see, that's for me and then the wall thats missing is going to be hinged so it can be opened for easy cleaning. I've thought of everything :cool: It should be finished by tonight :fl

and the first chick of the season :love

Well the chicks are now screaming at me through their egg to hurry up and get their home finished. And I am proud to say that it is almost done
big_smile.png

Here's a pic of it so far. Excuse the messy shed.

It's going to have three doors; a tiny one for chooks to fit through, the top one that you can see, that's for me and then the wall thats missing is going to be hinged so it can be opened for easy cleaning. I've thought of everything
cool.png
It should be finished by tonight
fl.gif

and the first chick of the season
love.gif

Aww what a cutie

Make that three black chicks.
Their brooder is pretty well finished, it just needs a latch/bolt thing on one door and some windows.
I have a photo of yesterday's progress but I can't post it from my phone so I'll do it later.

Well all nine eggs hatched and I think I got two to three blues. I gave the chicks to a broody silkie and she was pleased to be gifted them.
That is the first time I have gifted chicks to a hen so was happy it went well.
The coop got finished in time too.

Back
Top Bottom