Australorps breed Thread

Excellent, thanks CB (and CG, I never know which of you two posts and always refer to you as CB!)

I had an idea of how you did it, but had trouble expressing the details.

I am keen to know if this method applies to other breeds too, might have to do some testing next time I hatch!

CB and Ben,
thanks heaps for the info. Certainly the most promising sexing method I've come across. I am surprised that it's not better known if it's so successful. Not in any way 'knocking' it, it's just that I'm always sceptical, probably because this non-expert BA breeder is so hopeless at sexing his chicks! I'm only sure when they crow or lay an egg! Just hatched a few, so I'll give it a go.
Thanks again Geoff

I need some help. I didn't post in the emergency cuz I don't have my camera right now.

this is my first time with them and I only have 1 that survied the trip, but you know the smallest toe on the chick? Well mine doesn't have a nail and it looks like a bump on both toes. Is that normal for them? I couldn't tell in the pictures if thier toes looked the same or not.

Thanks everyone, I am kind of worried.

Tracy
It will grow back. I had some that were like that.

31 eggs went in the incubator 22 days ago, 27 chicks came out and went to the brooder today.

Dan

Great job Dan. Are those Gilbert babies??

I hatched 6 White Austras out of a Gilbert Roo & the little Leghorn I hatched last year (fun project) should make some good layers. 12 of them are totally Gilbert lines & 9 are out of my Tigercreek Roo I hatched from FL last spring and a couple of Gilbert pullets. I am excited to see what develops there!

Dan

Back
Top Bottom