Aylesbury ducks, True Pekin Ducks, and Long Island ducks- a discussion and "proposal"

I seen the duck house when.I was looking it up too! I want to go there even just to get a.picture for myself :) that's pretty cool England has kept the breed alive a very awesome thing to hear :):)

I don't think the British pekins were their own breed, but they were a strain of pekin. I have to wonder how much of the yellow color was caused by genetics and how much was created by diet. I have a book with photographs of yellow pekins in it, I would scan it and upload but I think that's not allowed for copyright reasons.

I can see the yellow being from part of their diet, marigolds would sure do that right? and maybe light? Sun would bleach and darker skies would not? I don't think it would be copy write if you gave credit to where the photo was from, lots of people take and post screen shots how would that be different ?

I can see the yellow being from part of their diet, marigolds would sure do that right? and maybe light? Sun would bleach and darker skies would not? I don't think it would be copy write if you gave credit to where the photo was from, lots of people take and post screen shots how would that be different ?

I guess you're right. The book is not with me right now but I'll try and get it and scan a picture later today or tomorrow.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom