Baby raccoon

I wouldn't kill them. Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Centers exist for a reason. Use Google to find the closest licensed rehabber to assist you.

Some people have a horrid way of putting their foot into their mouths, which I have seen on multiple occasions in the last four pages.

As you don't have your location attached to your profile this is the best I can do.

https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/how-find-wildlife-rehabilitator

My dad, circa 1929 with his pet raccoon kits and coyote pups.

He survived 86 years. 1929pets.jpg

He survived 86 years.View attachment 3542975
Cute, I wonder what happened when the coyotes and raccoons grew up? Back when I was a kid we raised up an orphaned groundhog kit. When he matured that sucker turned into an absolute monster that would chase you around and bite chunks out of your legs. 😂

He survived 86 years.View attachment 3542975
My dad also had a pet raccoon and a deer. Even a nest of crows. The deer wore a cow bell and slept in the barn with the cows. The crows weren't the best idea, but a friend climbed up a tree and took them down, and as punishment, my grandmother made him raise them because he let it happen. The raccoon was sweet but a total pest. He used to steal shiny stuff and hide silverware and stuff. To keep him busy, they'd give him a bowl of water and some sugar cubes. lol

Cute, I wonder what happened when the coyotes and raccoons grew up? Back when I was a kid we raised up an orphaned groundhog kit. When he matured that sucker turned into an absolute monster that would chase you around and bite chunks out of your legs. 😂
Generally speaking, non-domesticated animals don't make the best pets when sexual maturity hits. Males are usually worse.

My dad also had a pet raccoon and a deer. Even a nest of crows. The deer wore a cow bell and slept in the barn with the cows. The crows weren't the best idea, but a friend climbed up a tree and took them down, and as punishment, my grandmother made him raise them because he let it happen. The raccoon was sweet but a total pest. He used to steal shiny stuff and hide silverware and stuff. To keep him busy, they'd give him a bowl of water and some sugar cubes. lol
The groundhog we had would jump into the refrigerator when you opened the door, pop the top off the margarine, dig his little paws in and eat it by the handfuls. When you tried to get him out he'd bite you. He was a mean little chit 😂

I think he had one of the coyotes tied to a clothes line for a while so it could run around some. I might even have a pic of that somewhere. I would guess that were let go when they started to be pests. LOL

I had a pet red tailed hawk when I was a kid. Totally illegal, but it was a good experience. When I gave it it's freedom it hung around the house for a while, then it finally went on its way to parts unknown.

Back
Top Bottom