Back to Eden Gardening and Hugelkulture and other non-conventional garden methods

Pics
If you want to get some good our of the corn meal I would recommend making some hoe-cakes or muffins out of it...corn meal isn't going to do much of anything to the fire ants.

These taste like pomegranates... but the seeds are much better to eat :)
I wish I was near to take some. raspberries, blackberries, etc. cost as the fruit trees here. I got a few raspberries and blackberries and I wonder if they will grow here. they are about 2-3 inches tall at the moment. I put some pine shavings/chicken poop mix than more pine shavings and I hope they will grow well.
From my experience, blackberries will grow almost anywhere you put them ... they do fine in partial shade (again, from my experience) but the berries are a bit bigger in full sun. In very shady areas they'll still do fine,but the fruit will be smaller and seedier (still great for cobblers). Good luck! I'm just getting started with raspberries this year. I'm nervous about it as i've never done it before. I made a raised bed, filled with topsoil, topped with horse manure, and now halfway-composted wood chips. I have 6 plants to start with: 2 red raspberries, 2 yellow raspberries and 2 black raspberries (which from my understanding, grow very similar to blackberries). Very excited!

These taste like pomegranates... but the seeds are much better to eat :)
From my experience, blackberries will grow almost anywhere you put them ... they do fine in partial shade (again, from my experience) but the berries are a bit bigger in full sun. In very shady areas they'll still do fine,but the fruit will be smaller and seedier (still great for cobblers). Good luck! I'm just getting started with raspberries this year. I'm nervous about it as i've never done it before. I made a raised bed, filled with topsoil, topped with horse manure, and now halfway-composted wood chips. I have 6 plants to start with: 2 red raspberries, 2 yellow raspberries and 2 black raspberries (which from my understanding, grow very similar to blackberries). Very excited!
I wonder if my blackberries are black raspberries. I am not familiar with those species. I have always eaten them without questioning the name, lol.

I remember picking wild blackberries when I was a kid. but the blackberries in my mothers garden are bigger and taste differently. she gave me 4 plants and only 3 survived.

my raspberries are all red. although there are small I saw a flower on one plant. I do wonder if it should have grown taller before flowering. they are in a raised bed in full sun.

I planted raspberries and blackberries last september.

I think that when you pick a ripe raspberry, no matter the color, the berry comes off as a "cap" leaving the white core behind. When you pick a blackberry, the core comes off with the berry, and stays in the berry. The seeds are bigger, and the blackberries are longer. The plant and leaf shape is a bit different as well.

I think that when you pick a ripe raspberry, no matter the color, the berry comes off as a "cap" leaving the white core behind. When you pick a blackberry, the core comes off with the berry, and stays in the berry. The seeds are bigger, and the blackberries are longer. The plant and leaf shape is a bit different as well.
Yes, lazy is right, when you pick a raspberry (black or red) it comes off as a cap. Black raspberries aren't shiny like a blackberry, they look like they have a gray dusting on them. When you pick a black berry instead of it being a "cap" you can still see green stem in the berry :)

Hey guys, I recently (as in 2 days ago) planted a couple boysenberry bareroot plants. I planted them in my garden along with a brown turkey fig tree right outside. I added some worm castings and mycorhizal fungi with everything. I have mushrooms coming up everywhere after a nasty storm yesterday. I'm guessing they're toadstools. I'm not sure, not gonna eat either. I've just left them alone. Still getting darn bermuda grass pulled once or twice a day, and have several varieties of tomatoes planted. My corn and peas are starting to come up, and so are the squash. I'm super excited to see how everything turns out.

If thats true I have black raspberries mixed in with my blackberries / thats exciting. /// I kinda thought it was just different strain to strain

thanks. than I have blackberries! although wild blackberries are smaller in size but taste better. if I manage to buy land I will look for some wild blackberries and plant them. juice made of wild blackberries in my opinion is god's drink.

Back
Top Bottom