Backyard Brahmas!!

I hope I am posting this question in the correct place....I have a couple of brahma babies that I incubated. The eggs came from a friend of mine and she has a lavender roo and hen and a silver laced hen. Both of my babies are solid black (with some green/purple shimmer to their back). I'm curious if this is normal? I was expecting some 'lacing' or light colored chicks.

Rooster Dec. 2018.jpeg
I just wanted to bring this page back up and see if anyone was still interested in it.
Hen Dec. 2018.jpeg
Hens Dec. 2018.jpeg

I'm planning to get some light brahma chicks. Have any of you had experience with Meyer, McMurray or Cackle hatcheries? Thanks for the feedback. They don't have to be show birds, but I would like them to be pretty.
we got a dark brahma from Murray mcMurray last year- she is doing very well and is very relaxed. Not as big as I expected but not tiny either.

I'm planning to get some light brahma chicks. Have any of you had experience with Meyer, McMurray or Cackle hatcheries? Thanks for the feedback. They don't have to be show birds, but I would like them to be pretty.

I actually came to this ask this very question, down to the same three hatcheries. Looking at Cackles flock videos their stock looked decent, and on their Buffs it said that they are mix of production and show lines, so it sounds like that may be better than most hatcheries. Meyers' birds look nice in the photos (and confirmed by the pictures posted on here). McMurray we got some Brahmas from years ago and they looked nice but weren't that big. Just wondering if anyone can post more pictures of Brahmas from any of those hatcheries and maybe comment on size. I also plan to try Light Brahmas from Eagle Nest Poultry. They don't claim they are show quality, but since the owner is an APA judge and many of the breeds are, I still figure they'll be nicer than most hatchery Lights. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom