Backyard Brahmas!!

That's cute to see the brahma-EE chick. We had bantam buff brahmas a while back and the Leghorn rooster we had at the time bred two of the hens. We still have 2 of those leghorn-brahma bantam crosses running with our layer flock. If I can remember to take a pic I'll post one here of them.. They are flighty stinkers like the leghorns, but with lightly feathered feet and small combs/wattles.

That's cute to see the brahma-EE chick.  We had bantam buff brahmas a while back and the Leghorn rooster we had at the time bred two of the hens. We still have 2 of those leghorn-brahma bantam crosses running with our layer flock.  If I can remember to take a pic I'll post one here of them.. They are flighty stinkers like the leghorns, but with lightly feathered feet and small combs/wattles.

I'd love to see pics! I bet those girls lay like crazy!

I have a silkie brahma cross hen named Sophie. Her father was a white silkie and her mother is a light brahma (the one in my avatar). When Sophie hatched a couple of years ago I couldn't wait to see what she would look like when she grew up. She had the dark face, eyes and five toes of her father and the cute fluffy butt and shape of her mother! Lol She is a sweet little hen that now lays beige colored eggs.

It will be cool to see what your brahma-EE chick will look like as it grows. Make sure to post some more pictures! ;)

I also have a buff laced brahma rooster that is 9 months old and I get over how big he is now! I have had mostly bantam roosters and he is my first large one. Ever since I had my flock I always wanted a brahma rooster because of their gentle nature and when I got my laced brahmas last spring he stood out and stole my heart. He is my big boy and is the friendliest rooster I have had yet. He even gets along pretty well with my other rooster, a silkie D'Uccle cross.

I love all my chickens but the brahmas are definitely my favorite!

Here is my buff laced rooster Remus and Sophie is in the background of the coop.

I have a silkie brahma cross hen named Sophie. Her father was a white silkie and her mother is a light brahma (the one in my avatar). When Sophie hatched a couple of years ago I couldn't wait to see what she would look like when she grew up. She had the dark face, eyes and five toes of her father and the cute fluffy butt and shape of her mother! Lol She is a sweet little hen that now lays beige colored eggs.

It will be cool to see what your brahma-EE chick will look like as it grows. Make sure to post some more pictures! ;)

I also have a buff laced brahma rooster that is 9 months old and I get over how big he is now! I have had mostly bantam roosters and he is my first large one. Ever since I had my flock I always wanted a brahma rooster because of their gentle nature and when I got my laced brahmas last spring he stood out and stole my heart. He is my big boy and is the friendliest rooster I have had yet. He even gets along pretty well with my other rooster, a silkie D'Uccle cross.

I love all my chickens but the brahmas are definitely my favorite!

Here is my buff laced rooster Remus and Sophie is in the background of the coop.

Please post a pic of your Silkie/Brahma! I bet she's gorgeous!

Thought I'd share some pics of how big the girls are getting...plus they were so excited to be out with much of the snow melting!

It's hard to get good pictures, they were either heads way up watching the squirrels or butts up looking for goodies.....

CarolinaHen - Sophie is the little black and white hen next to the blue sand box in the picture. I will have to get better pictures of her soon. :)

I'd love to see pics! I bet those girls lay like crazy!
Well, I took pictures but forgot to bring the camera with me to download the pics, so it'll have to wait some more. At the moment only 2 leghorns are laying, everyone else has decided to take the winter off. We were getting 11 eggs a day up until this last cold front and they decided it was time to just stay warm.

Pics tonight...

Here are several pics of my Bantam-Buff-Brahma x Leghorn girls. There are only 2 of them, one is bright white for the most part, while the other has some orange tints on the neck et cetera...I like the very faint feathering on their feet. They are a little smaller than my 16 week-old SLW pullets as shown in one of the pics.

Back
Top Bottom