Barred Holland breed of chickens

Pics
Well, my pullet is definitely not a barred anything:( I'm now fairly certain she's a Black Australorp. She's very sweet and I'm glad to have her, but I know she won't lay a white egg and that kinda bums me out. Oh well, life goes on:)

Hello Barred Holland lovers!

If anyone is looking for a Barred Holland cockerel, my neighbor has one of my 'grandchicks' hatched this Easter. He's going to freezer camp in the next week or so if she can't rehome him. She 's very hesitant to process the Holland as they are such a rare breed. This bird is free to someone who wants to use him in their breeding project.

I showed his sister at the Sussex Poultry Fancier's show this past weekend. She got Best of Breed -really no surprise as there were no other Hollands being shown. But no DQs and this is important.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

I have 4 pullets and 1 roaster that I got from Ideal. My first egg, just this week, was white and medium in size. This breed shouldn't die out, they are great and easy to raise. One pullet is laying one egg every two days so far, the rest haven't started yet.

I adore my Barred Hollands. They have so much personality! They are so sweet, tame and entertaining. I hope we can somehow save this fantastic breed. I gotten from Ideal but they are just about perfect for our small farm. It is great to be among other people who appreciate them. Ramona

I'm so glad to see the interest rising. I have 10 chicks coming tomorrow. Keep the photo's and information coming. We all need to be able to share information and bloodlines here

I have a small flock from sandhill if you are interested in eggs still. My eggs are all white except a couple. I only hatch the white ones though.

I would like to know some weights on some of these chickens from different hatcheries. If you all could post the sex, age (at least cockeral, rooster, hen, or pullet) their weight and what hatchery they came from, it would be great.

Back
Top Bottom