Barred Rock and EE Laying Ages???

Beautiful! That is a very pretty chick!

Thank you
smile.png

My BR is slacking! Her comb got red weeks ago, still not the size that I see on the pictures here. She's approx 26 weeks

tongue.png
Maybe she's just maturing abnormally slow or she's is just lazy! Hope you get that first egg soon!​

I think she's just lazy, lol. She's a pig when it comes to treats and food, shoving everyone and pecking them if they are in her way.

Fat and lazy. Sounds like my dog!
gig.gif

Quote:
Well that's good and bad. I like the fact that they lay early but the loud egg song may be a problem. I cant have really loud chickens because honestly i'm not supposed to even have chickens in my development. The guy at the hatchery said the breeds I bought are normally very quiet for him so hopefully mine will be too
fl.gif

Not all chickens sing the egg song. I have 4 that are laying out of 10 so far and only 1 sings the egg song. My leghorn sings her heart out, loud and clear. My Columbian Wyandotte use to be quiet till she became a mama and now she is never quiet. Not just the egg song, she's always talking. My 2 Barred Rocks are quiet no egg song, but get loud when they hear or see me. Good luck and have fun.

My barred was exactly 20 weeks and she lays an egg every 30 hours! Not quite one a day but pretty close...

My EE didn't lay until 28-29 weeks. I thought she was defective! Our others were all laying at about for six weeks at that point.

Mine aren't noisy really, but I'd worry more about smell bothering people. You'll have to really work at keeping it cleaned up, if you are on small lots. I have three chickens, and the quantity of chicken poop is astounding!

Back
Top Bottom