Barred Rock & Buff Orpington

My chicks are almost six weeks old now and my friendliest are the BR's. One of them in particular seems spoiled rotten and when we go into the coop, if we crouch down, is the first to fly up and perch on our shoulders.
smile.png

The BO's are nice also, but not quite as outgoing as the BR's. The EE's will tolerate us petting them a little, and occasionally perch on us, but mostly prefer not to be handled as much. My Black Australorps are pretty friendly also.

The BR's are the most friendly of all.

I love, love, LOVE my Barred Rockds! The are friendly, curious, and social - not one complaint.

Two months ago I bought 30 more chicks - including two Buff Orpingtons. I must say - I'm loving the BO's too! They are (overall) a tiny bit quieter than the BR's but seem just as friendly and social.

You can't go wrong with either!

your brooder is cute! i would go with buff O, my BO girls are so mellow, i have even trained them how to do tricks for popcorn!!

BOs are the calmest friendliest of all my breeds, hands down.

I have very friendly BRs too though, I say both are great.

I do have 33 chicks right now and there is just one that I love.....a 5 week old Barred Rock pullet. She is so sweet and flies to me all the time.

Last edited:
Quote:
I did post on another thread some pics...but will put them here too
smile.png

CIMG6567a.jpg

CIMG6566a.jpg

CIMG6568.jpg

CIMG6570.jpg

CIMG6571.jpg

and here is a little clip of them about 10 minutes after arriving...

I'm in love that is for sure!
love.gif
jumpy.gif

Does anyone know why the BR's wings are sooo short compared to the BO's? Seems like she's got these teeny tiny dwarf wings popping out of her back, but the other chick, the BO has small but decent wings...is it just a breed thing, like dogs who have long or short tails?

Back
Top Bottom