Barred Rocks!!

Here she is.

this is my lovely lady Lola. Seems like she is growing much slower then other girls. Any thoughts on her being a Bantam? She's around 6-7 weeks. Or does this breed grow slow.

Last edited:
This is my girl, Miss Mona! We *love* her. She comes running over to us when we go in the yard, she pecks a the back sliding doors for attention, she occasionally follows the dogs in the house. She will jump in your lap if you're sitting outside, she begs for food, she will jump up and try to steal food (or anything else you may have) in your hands. She's incredibly friendly, sweet, and hilarious. (And a big fatty.) She's our "number one" chicken, and a great layer to boot. We got her a few months ago, she was our first hen and totally rules the roost, too. She's a little over a year old, and we like her so much she's going to be a pet long after she slows her egg production - she gets to live to a ripe old age in our yard.

This is my girl, Miss Mona! We *love* her. She comes running over to us when we go in the yard, she pecks a the back sliding doors for attention, she occasionally follows the dogs in the house. She will jump in your lap if you're sitting outside, she begs for food, she will jump up and try to steal food (or anything else you may have) in your hands. She's incredibly friendly, sweet, and hilarious. (And a big fatty.) She's our "number one" chicken, and a great layer to boot. We got her a few months ago, she was our first hen and totally rules the roost, too. She's a little over a year old, and we like her so much she's going to be a pet long after she slows her egg production - she gets to live to a ripe old age in our yard.
So cute! How fun! I love the chickens with the lovely personalities ! I have one named Lucy who loves to be held and steal food as well. She hasn't followed our dog into the house yet. She's still pretty young. How much does Miss Mona weigh ? I'm wondering if my barred is a Bantom. She's so small compared to the rest of the flock. Her name is lola and she is pretty friendly as well. Lola and Lucy tipped the mealworm bag over for all there friends :)

Last edited:
So cute! How fun! I love the chickens with the lovely personalities ! I have one named Lucy who loves to be held and steal food as well. She hasn't followed our dog into the house yet. She's still pretty young. How much does Miss Mona weigh ? I'm wondering if my barred is a Bantom. She's so small compared to the rest of the flock. Her name is lola and she is pretty friendly as well. Lola and Lucy tipped the mealworm bag over for all there friends
smile.png

I actually haven't put her on a scale - she's a solid five pounds easily though! She's a mammoth bird - biggest we have.

Back
Top Bottom