Bay Area BYCers!

Good Morning,
I wanted to share some photos of 7 wk. old Ko Shamo, and, Modern Game Bantams. These tiny birds are joy to have, and watch them grow. Ko Shamo boys started to develop tiny black feathers within the first week, and by the end of second, it was easy to tell their sex.
They are very intelligent, inquisitive, calm and friendly little birds. Ko Shamos are quite whimsical when they try to fly; they look like little helicopters with a very heavy load. They are better at jumping than flying. Well, so far that is : )

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/5958832/width/500/height
/1000

In this photo, they are 6wks. old.

Walt Leonard-Fowlman01-birds.

Last edited:
Hey Bay Area peeps! I want to give a shout out to this free coop tour: http://tourdecoop.org/

I'm hoping to find a way for BYC to participate and maybe give out free BYC bumper stickers, tattoos, etc! Let me know if you're interested in attending!

Thanks for sharing! I passed this on to my San Jose peeps. Never would have thought there'd be so many urban farms in the Willow Glen area!

Good Morning,
I wanted to share some photos of 7 wk. old Ko Shamo, and, Modern Game Bantams. These tiny birds are joy to have, and watch them grow. Ko Shamo boys started to develop tiny black feathers within the first week, and by the end of second, it was easy to tell their sex.
They are very intelligent, inquisitive, calm and friendly little birds. Ko Shamos are quite whimsical when they try to fly; they look like little helicopters with a very heavy load. They are better at jumping than flying. Well, so far that is : )

In this photo, they are 6wks. old.

Walt Leonard-Fowlman01-birds.
Really neat that they can be sexed so early by color. What is this variety called and are there other varieties for the breed?

Much leggier now and seems like they are digging the meal worms! They wouldn't be a bit spoiled now, would they?
big_smile.png
wink.png

I'm looking for a new home for my 13 week old blrw cockerel. Anyone here interested? He is young, but shows great potential... I'd hate for such a pretty and personable guy end up as chicken stew.

As a last resort,(along with Craig's list) have any of you heard of a rooster rescue in the Walnut Creek area? Concord Feed is recommending them and said they would give me their number.

Really neat that they can be sexed so early by color.  What is this variety called and are there other varieties for the breed?

Much leggier now and seems like they are digging the meal worms!  They wouldn't be a bit spoiled now, would they?  :D ;)

Hi Lynda,

Noooo! they are not spoiled at all; I put them to work of being adorable each and every day : ) Oh, I love them very much...
First three photos are Ko Shamo, and the chicks in the 4th. photo are Modern Game Bantams.
The Ko Shamo are Wheaten color, and the Modern Game Bantams are; Red Pyle.

Both come in different colors and patterns which are also very pretty. I will ask Walt, about the different accepted colors. I am new to these wonderful breeds; do not want to give the wrong information to you.

Lual

Hey Bay Area peeps! I want to give a shout out to this free coop tour: http://tourdecoop.org/

I'm hoping to find a way for BYC to participate and maybe give out free BYC bumper stickers, tattoos, etc! Let me know if you're interested in attending!

I'm registered! I am trying to figure out which tour to go on, or whether I should make my own route. I have a potentially limited amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom