Beekman Boys show

I read the book, but have'nt seen the show. The book is called THe Bucolic Plague.

I found it a little odd... they do seem down to earth. But there are times when there upperclass status gets a bit annoying.

One of them grew up very close to me. I think his WI roots are what enables them to farm.

I like watching them .Part of the charm is the "upper class" getting dirty with the rest of us. That said Farmer John gives very sound advice. I would love to try some of their cheese. And yes they do squabble like the old married couple of 10 yrs that they are.

Quote:
Thanks!!!!

after re reading my post above.. i should have used "were".
roll.png
among other things! LOL

love your picture too!

a bazillion chickens??? really? lol. Ok, now I'm curious...ABOUT how many do you actually have? Also find it hard to believe you're a mother of three. You look barely old enough to be married let alone children. Take no offense please.

I watch this show mainly to see who will slap Brent first. They do have chickens now, a flock of Ameraucanas (although I think Brent called them auracanas--just like Martha's). I really wish they'd stop wearing those squeaky clean rubber boots with everything, especially with formal wear. I just barely convinced my other half that chickens would be a good idea, it's going to be a while before I am able to get him to move out of the city to a farm.

Brent is a perfectionist, like his mother...worry wort about everything. He sure does show alot of his femininist side of things.

As for Josh, I thought he was resentful about having to work while Brent stays at the farm not gettting alot of the things done on the farm. Only so much a person can do in a given day. I laughed when Brent told Josh to take off his shoes before entering the house.

All in all, I think they better work out their differences as far as duties are concerned. Josh can be like the hubby, go and make money while Brent can stay home, work the farm with Farmer John, and make a little money on goat soaps and all the nice things that the farm has to offer. I remember Josh was pissy about having a wedding on the farm which I thought it was a lovely idea and it would be a nice income.

I think the farm would make a nice bed and breakfast business as well.

As for the chickens, I saw alot of EE's, NOT Amercuanas or Araucanas as they said.
he.gif

well omg thank you!!! i am 31.. i think that pic is probably 2 yrs old.. my hair is a bit different though.

the number always seems to change. as we figure out what exactly we want our flock to be...

a rough number off the top of my head is 94.. im sure im forgetting someone out there!!!(i recently lost 2 acquisitions and one coming of age bird... and a new chick my daughter dropped and that would have been 98)

the last two weeks ive gotten rid of about 18 either giving away or selling... but.. i have more int eh incubator and there is an auction coming up in oct.
lol.png

i forgot the month before that we rehomed 23 from a rescue.. LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom