Belgian Cuckoo Malines - Next Generation

Looking great! Ill have to get some updated pictures of my two young ones (forget age) turns out the one I was sure of being a pullet is a cockerel and the one we swapped is a pullet. So looks like ill be haveing a malines chicken dinner!

here they are the bottom chick is bigger, i'm stumped as to what sex they are.. the bottom chick with yellow legs is a brute!

Looks like both are roos. I have the same thing going on with my 11 1/2 week olds.

These boys are the same age, yet the one above has more developed comb & wattles.
Have you seen your more developed bird 'peck on' the other one? I find my more developed roo likes to assert himself - wanting to be the dominant one in the flock.

Last edited:
New line chicks at 5 weeks old. It appears with my birds that the barring is less defined. Nice, broad heads & leg feathering on the pullets.

Here's my biggest new line cockerel below.

Here are some of my old line at same age. Cockerel just below & 2 pullets in last pic.

New line chicks at 5 weeks old. It appears with my birds that the barring is less defined. Nice, broad heads & leg feathering on the pullets.

Here's my biggest new line cockerel below.

Here are some of my old line at same age. Cockerel just below & 2 pullets in last pic.

Love the fluffy feets!

Back
Top Bottom