Belgian Cuckoo Malines - Next Generation

A few pics - the best I could do tonight. There is a single Marans/Ameraucana mix in this group - hatched here the day the Malines arrived.

Great! Will you be able to free range them later? I had mine out at 4 weeks old along with some same age Olive Eggers & Bielefelders. The Malines are far superior at foraging than the others, I've noticed. I have 2 dogs that are excellent at running off foxes & have been these last few weeks.

Great! Will you be able to free range them later? I had mine out at 4 weeks old along with some same age Olive Eggers & Bielefelders. The Malines are far superior at foraging than the others, I've noticed. I have 2 dogs that are excellent at running off foxes & have been these last few weeks.

Yes -- they will go out "on pasture" very soon. We have about an acre that is a combination of garden, pasture, and orchards that we fence off into "paddocks" for the chickens so we can rotate them around where we want them. I'm putting little clumps of fresh sod into their brooder every morning, and they are very enthusiastic about it! I worried a bit about their foraging abilities, so I'm very glad to hear that yours have done so well. They won't fit in this brooder for very much longer, so will have to be moving out into another coop.

The mew lime birds look great. The pullet looks to be more laced than barred? I like the look of her forsure though!
great pics and birds shellz!

Back
Top Bottom