Belgian Cuckoo Malines - Next Generation

hmm.png
Where are you located and whom or where are you planning on getting eggs from?

Got a brooder full of these babies
jumpy.gif
so far very happy with these... they are almost 5 weeks old and getting quite big compared to the Ameraucana's with them! LOVE feathered legs!

Reviving and old thread due to some interest from a fellow Nova Scotian! Very interested in focusing my efforts on the Malines as a hardy dual purpose breed and wondering how you made out with yours?

Another question for all the keepers of Malines that might be keeping tabs on this thread: does anyone know what one could expect the the live/carcass weight of a 5-6 month old cockerel to be and is that sufficient time to add some meat to their frames? I would want to hatch 12-15 every spring and would let the cockerels grow out in the chicken tractor until mid-November when the temperatures really start to drop if they would produce a carcass worth cleaning. The only information I can find are weights at maturity but no indication of how long that takes for them to get there.

Last edited:
Duh! I hit the send button. Anyhow, I hope to have some stock of hatching eggs for those stateside for breeders with interest. We dont have a web site, so private messaging would be best.
Duh! I hit the send button. Anyhow, I hope to have some stock of hatching eggs for those stateside for breeders with interest. We dont have a web site, so private messaging would be best.
I know this is 7 years old...but are you still breeding Malines?

Back
Top Bottom