Best Duck Names

Three Black Swedish ducklings.
I brought them in the house to take a few photos lol You can’t tell from the photo angel and zoom but Sonny is the biggest and really seems to know his stuff he even lunged at my 20 lb lynx cat when he got close to their brooder it was hilarious. Sketch’s name come from him being to sketchy about me, runs from me, and squirms to get away when I hold him, Lu is our smallest I named her after my god daughter who is also very small and sweet.

This one is my baby girl! I got her hours after she hatched because she always abandons them to breed again right away and they each year the babies get taken by the hawks, owls, or just die because they are not cared for. She had three this one i call Zoe she was the first I took and just the sweeties baby EVER their are two more I don't have photos of yet for I just got them yesterday they are all 3 days old today. This is Zoe her first day. The others names are Zurry and Chase. They are Penkins.

My initial trio were named: Sir Francis, Queenie and Liz.

My next pair: Tinker and Tucker.

My first hatchling: Pogo (because he kept jumpining up and down)
My next hatchling: Well, originally, she was going to be called Hope (she defied the odds); but, each time I went to say "hello" to her, for some reason it came out as, "hello Halo". So, Halo she is.

No pix because my camera has broken
sad.png
We feed a duck that used to jump up and down. My hubs named him (her we learned) Hoppy.

This one is my baby girl! I got her hours after she hatched because she always abandons them to breed again right away and they each year the babies get taken by the hawks, owls, or just die because they are not cared for. She had three this one i call Zoe she was the first I took and just the sweeties baby EVER their are two more I don't have photos of yet for I just got them yesterday they are all 3 days old today. This is Zoe her first day. The others names are Zurry and Chase. They are Penkins.

I am in love with all of them! How did you get the name Zurry? Never heard of that before. Also, How do you get your pics to be all B&W except the duckling?

These are my two, the one on the left developed a very definite loud quack early on and so I had a while to think of a name, she's called Bella. I had originally thought of Bertha, Martha but she is so elegant and a little highly strung I felt she needed a very 'lady like' name.
The one on the right I'm still not 100% sure on gender but he/she is so cheeky and brave, always into everything, I called her Minkie figured this would fit whether boy or girl and it suits her cheeky nature.

This is Spades. In the second picture, you can see more clearly how she got her name. The black marking on the top of her head looks like a spade. Spades is kinda a boy name, and if I hear correctly (hard to tell with 13) he is a she. So, I may add to her name and call her Queen of Spades. The spade, however, is much less obvious as she is getting older.

The Pekin on the edge is Blu. We started out calling her Pocket (cause she was so cute I wanted to put her in my pocket and carry her everywhere). But one day as she was lovingly gazing into my eyes (wanting food - of course!), I noticed she had blue eyes. She immediately became Blu.

These are my two, the one on the left developed a very definite loud quack early on and so I had a while to think of a name, she's called Bella. I had originally thought of Bertha, Martha but she is so elegant and a little highly strung I felt she needed a very 'lady like' name.
The one on the right I'm still not 100% sure on gender but he/she is so cheeky and brave, always into everything, I called her Minkie figured this would fit whether boy or girl and it suits her cheeky nature.
Is Bella a crested? I like the name Minkie.
hugs.gif

Thankyou! Minkie suits her well! Bella is a crested, in fact so is Minkie but hers isn't such a big crest and it's a bit lob sided, it just adds to her cheeky charm!

Thankyou! Minkie suits her well! Bella is a crested, in fact so is Minkie but hers isn't such a big crest and it's a bit lob sided, it just adds to her cheeky charm!

Back
Top Bottom