Bickering among my 8ish week olds

brandislovak

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2017
So my babies are 8ish weeks old and they are constantly charging one another or flying kicking at one another (just the 4 or 5 most dominant ones the other 3 are like what ever and walk away) is it a hierchy (sp) thing or ? They have lots of space butnits completly random theyll all be chilling and then one gets a bug up its but and karate kicks another one out if a spot and sits there instead or flaps atnthem or yells at them?

Yeah, they are working on the pecking order. As long as they have plenty of room it should not be an issue.

At that age it can be a pullet or a cockerel doing that but the odds are that the more aggressive ones are boys. Too early to tell for sure though from behavior alone, but by 8 weeks we might be able to tell you sex if you can post photos of the head and a profile shot showing legs and posture.

Yeah, they are working on the pecking order. As long as they have plenty of room it should not be an issue.

At that age it can be a pullet or a cockerel doing that but the odds are that the more aggressive ones are boys. Too early to tell for sure though from behavior alone, but by 8 weeks we might be able to tell you sex if you can post photos of the head and a profile shot showing legs and posture.

These 2 are the biggest instigators

[/IMG]

The middle picture is a stinker too but the first and 3rd pics are more of the other 2 chicks

I'm not seeing any color on combs/wattles like you'd commonly see on cockerels by 8 weeks.
So I'm guessing all pullets.
Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom