Black and white 4 week old chick

He is much smaller than the other chicks we got, they are all 5 weeks old and they all are 2-3x bigger than blue

Last edited:
Also, found a pic of jersey I think, a white crested black polish, my son is a little crushed by that, he has been looking at pics of baby chicks since we got them and he thought he had figured it out, thanks for your help on that

Googled mottled old English game and that led me to a silver spangled Hamburg, still not convinced though

Googled mottled old English game and that led me to a silver spangled Hamburg, still not convinced though
Hamburgs have rose combs. Your chick has a single comb. Old English are one of the most common clean-legged bantam breeds around. Hamburgs aren't a bantam breed. They are about the same size as Leghorns. And your chick is mottled, not spangled.

Well, sad to say, that blue is gone, the neighbor boy let them out of the run while we were gone and I can't find him anywhere. Good thing for my trail cam or I wouldn't have know anything. Grr, that's 2x my neighbors have messed with my chicks and I've got the on camera both times. Will they never learn?

Back
Top Bottom