Black, Blue and Splash (BBS) Marans discussion thread

Got some pictures of my Splash
]

LOVELY!!!!!!!!! :love

Hopefully in about 23-24 days I will have some little fuzzy grandchickies to show you from your Splash beauties!
Thanks Becky! I am expecting them to show up tomorrow. My mail carrier is wonderful when it comes to eggs, I always let her know a couple days in advance......she's so worried about them on some of our back roads out here. I told her if the rough roads out here are the worst treatment they get while being in transit .....I will take it! :)

Can I get any opinions on them. I know these are not the right pictures for a critique but just a general opinion. I know my birds and they are not perfect. My roo has clean legs but comes from feathered stock and is producing feather shanked chicks. My hens both have the very best feathering clear to the tip of the outer toes. I NEED some solid blacks!!!

Can I get any opinions on them. I know these are not the right pictures for a critique but just a general opinion. I know my birds and they are not perfect. My roo has clean legs but comes from feathered stock and is producing feather shanked chicks. My hens both have the very best feathering clear to the tip of the outer toes. I NEED some solid blacks!!!
From the pictures about the only thing I see that I don't like is the tail looks a little pinched, I would like to see the tail a little more open and flare out. They are nice looking Marans though.

Thank you Don. I am hoping I am using the right roo for that, the girls are alot tighter than I like but his is pretty open and so far chicks are looking better then parents.

This picture shows the tails better. The one girl is tighter than the other but these are the only two I have so working hard and culling hard!

Back
Top Bottom