Black Copper Marans discussion thread

These will have to do until I can get better pics. I think I showed you some of these. The sexlink have picked all the feathers off his legs. I may get rid of those ladies, they do not play well with others. Don, this is the same guy I posted a few weeks ago (those were old pics). You said the rise before his tail looked a bit off. The saddle feathers have grown in a bit and they look better as far as that goes. I'm not sure if his back looks too long or not. I will get some shots from each angle next time I'm out. ETA: I found a top back shot.

Last edited:
These will have to do until I can get better pics. I think I showed you some of these. The sexlink have picked all the feathers off his legs. I may get rid of those ladies, they do not play well with others.

Don, this is the same guy I posted a few weeks ago (those were old pics). You said the rise before his tail looked a bit off. The saddle feathers have grown in a bit and they look better as far as that goes. I'm not sure if his back looks too long or not. I will get some shots from each angle next time I'm out.

ETA: I found a top back shot.
Sid, He is better than most posted on BYC and still see something I do not like with the back. The back should have a gradual incline from shoulders to tail. I think his back length is ok.

These will have to do until I can get better pics. I think I showed you some of these. The sexlink have picked all the feathers off his legs. I may get rid of those ladies, they do not play well with others.

Don, this is the same guy I posted a few weeks ago (those were old pics). You said the rise before his tail looked a bit off. The saddle feathers have grown in a bit and they look better as far as that goes. I'm not sure if his back looks too long or not. I will get some shots from each angle next time I'm out.

ETA: I found a top back shot.
Nice! Way better than what I had last time. Normal sized comb, nice color, non-yellow feet
roll.png

I don't know how many cockerels I have yet, but your guy gives me hope that I will have some nice ones to choose from
thumbsup.gif

Sid, He is better than most posted on BYC and still see something I do not like with the back. The back should have a gradual incline from shoulders to tail. I think his back length is ok.
See Don, that's the kind of stuff I don't really know how to look for yet. I've read the standard, but for a novice those things are hard to see without actually seeing it. Just like when you told me my first rooster was narrow in the hips. After you pointed it out I could see it, but not having any past experience to draw from it is just beyond me. You will be culling my first group for me
old.gif

These will have to do until I can get better pics. I think I showed you some of these. The sexlink have picked all the feathers off his legs. I may get rid of those ladies, they do not play well with others. Don, this is the same guy I posted a few weeks ago (those were old pics). You said the rise before his tail looked a bit off. The saddle feathers have grown in a bit and they look better as far as that goes. I'm not sure if his back looks too long or not. I will get some shots from each angle next time I'm out. ETA: I found a top back shot.
He's beautiful!

Thank you for the feedback Don. I forgot to mention, and I'm a little embarrassed to say it, but he has a no crow collar on. That might be what is making the back/neck look funny to your eye. Next time I get pics I will take it off. He has such a high pitched crow that I'm trying to keep the neighbors happy(ish). I need to get out of the city I just don't belong here.
barnie.gif

Nice! Way better than what I had last time. Normal sized comb, nice color, non-yellow feet
roll.png

I don't know how many cockerels I have yet, but your guy gives me hope that I will have some nice ones to choose from
thumbsup.gif

See Don, that's the kind of stuff I don't really know how to look for yet. I've read the standard, but for a novice those things are hard to see without actually seeing it. Just like when you told me my first rooster was narrow in the hips. After you pointed it out I could see it, but not having any past experience to draw from it is just beyond me. You will be culling my first group for me
old.gif
I think you could end up with some good options SC. I hope you get more pullets than I did.

He's beautiful!
Thanks!

Hi RedBanks your BCM chicks are gorgeous great type not skinny tall chicks.
I notice you have 2 type a dark and the penguiny type.
I personally I prefer the dark one they are true ER/ER correct down color ( that what the Franch standard call for) BUT I notice you guys having a good result with a penguiny type.in the US.

RedBank can you take a photos of them individually and tug them ( with numbers or colour tags) so we can follow they growth and development We can can also see the different between the 2 type the dark and the penguin.

Back
Top Bottom