Black Copper Marans discussion thread

I think I have most of my chicks sexed properly, but I wanted to ask the Marans experts on these 5.

I see cockerel, pullet, pullet, pullet, cockerel.

What do you all think?

I think I have most of my chicks sexed properly, but I wanted to ask the Marans experts on these 5.

I see cockerel, pullet, pullet, pullet, cockerel.

What do you all think?

definitely not an expert but I see all pullets. not sure about 1st because in the pic I don't see any wattles. cockerels should have red wattles at that age.

The flash on my camera washed out the color of the first chick. It does have a noticeably red comb, much redder than anyone else's. They're only about 5 weeks old--the wattles aren't very large at all at that age.

The flash on my camera washed out the color of the first chick. It does have a noticeably red comb, much redder than anyone else's. They're only about 5 weeks old--the wattles aren't very large at all at that age.

my cockerel had huge comb and wattles at 2 weeks. he is 4 weeks old now and his comb and wattles are red. this is the first time I hatched marans chicks so I am not an expert, I got their mom and dad when they were about 8 weeks old.

I'm trying to find out what kind of marans I just hatched.I got them at a livestock auction and they just said marans on them.3 yellowish cream colored to my surprise. Do u know if that's normal color? Also had a all black one with white underneath and two all black with white under eyes and underneath, and black with white spot on top with a grayish color on lower back

I'm trying to find out what kind of marans I just hatched.I got them at a livestock auction and they just said marans on them.3 yellowish cream colored to my surprise. Do u know if that's normal color? Also had a all black one with white underneath and two all black with white under eyes and underneath, and black with grayish spot on top with a grayish color on lower back and most of them have feathers on legs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom