Black Copper Marans - Time progression of sexing - UPDATED with WEEKs #1-3 PICTURES

Heyy😁 I know this is a veryyyyy long thread that probably no one follows anymore, but I Just read everything (all 41 pages!😜) And I still have no Idea about my FBCM gender. I alrdy made a thread but I was not very lucky with answers and I would love to hear your guesses. My baby is now almost 3 1/2 weeks old and I know he (I say he until I know his gender for sure ) is probably to young but he shows so many signs of both genders! I hope for a pullet because we only have 3 chickens and if its a Roo he will probably mate the others way to often.
So Lets start with a picture of day one😁😍
IMG_20200531_072741_1.jpg

Awhhh my little penguin😍
Okay but enough about his cuteness. These are photos from yesterday, pls share your guesses with me!
DSCN8476.jpeg
DSCN8534.jpeg
DSCN8469.jpeg

His poot little tail
DSCN8465.jpeg
DSCN8473.jpeg
IMG_20200620_091736_1.jpg

Sorry for my finger🤣
As you can see he has the smallest tail. But also no wattles and almost no comb. We are like 99% sure the other 2 are pullets but all three are very active and love to explore. When we go for a walk my chick follows me the best and he loves to snuggle and sleep in my neck. However something he also scares away small birds. Its very double and I hope any of you has an Idea (even if its Just a guess pls share it!) If you take the time to Read this (and react) tysm!

So I have 6 BCM, a week ago I thought I had 4 hens and 2 roo... Now this one I am kinda questioning if this is a roo or hen. It's comb and waddles are smaller than the one I think is a roo, but bigger than the other 4. Any advice?

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200627_204420.jpg
    MVIMG_20200627_204420.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200627_203608.jpg
    IMG_20200627_203608.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20200627_203604.jpg
    IMG_20200627_203604.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 19
Heyy😁 I know this is a veryyyyy long thread that probably no one follows anymore, but I Just read everything (all 41 pages!😜) And I still have no Idea about my FBCM gender. I alrdy made a thread but I was not very lucky with answers and I would love to hear your guesses. My baby is now almost 3 1/2 weeks old and I know he (I say he until I know his gender for sure ) is probably to young but he shows so many signs of both genders! I hope for a pullet because we only have 3 chickens and if its a Roo he will probably mate the others way to often.
So Lets start with a picture of day one😁😍
View attachment 2204848

Awhhh my little penguin😍
Okay but enough about his cuteness. These are photos from yesterday, pls share your guesses with me!
View attachment 2204849View attachment 2204850View attachment 2204851
His poot little tail
View attachment 2204854View attachment 2204855View attachment 2204856
Sorry for my finger🤣
As you can see he has the smallest tail. But also no wattles and almost no comb. We are like 99% sure the other 2 are pullets but all three are very active and love to explore. When we go for a walk my chick follows me the best and he loves to snuggle and sleep in my neck. However something he also scares away small birds. Its very double and I hope any of you has an Idea (even if its Just a guess pls share it!) If you take the time to Read this (and react) tysm!
Hey there! You're about 5 weeks now, how's it looking? Based on the pics, my guess would be girl - although the little poot tail confuses me. Still going to vote girl though! I'd love an update if you have one.

Hey there! You're about 5 weeks now, how's it looking? Based on the pics, my guess would be girl - although the little poot tail confuses me. Still going to vote girl though! I'd love an update if you have one.
Hi! Ofcourse I can give a update😆 he is 6 weeks old in 2 days but I will show the photos of 5 weeks and if you like I can give an another update when he is 6 weeks old. Im guessing girl rn because there is still no red in the comb. Only thing is the tail and the fact that he has still some baby feathers. Let me know what you think!😁
DSCN9061.jpeg
Screenshot_2020-07-08-09-07-34-802_com.miui.gallery.jpg

IMG_20200708_090838.jpg

I made this little collage on comb growth 🤣. It really is the sweetest chick ever, loves to cuddle and is very tame. I have a perfect video to show how Sweet he is but I don't think I can include video's here. Let me know if I should do another update at 6 weeks😃

Back
Top Bottom