Black Copper Marans x Blue Silkie

Goose is a exactly what I hope our babies will be like (because, of course, they are all girls. lol!) However, according to the genetics calculator ours will be either solid black or solid blue.

Thank you for the photos and for answering all my questions.

I hope I will remember to post some photos when our babies are grown.
They could be solid blue or black your right. Do not be surprised though if the hens get some copper hackle markings to some varying degree thanks to the Marans genetics. I have full Marans and several Marans mixed hens and my mixed girls all have beautiful full copper hackle markings. I have been known to point that fact out to my pure girls and ask them why could they not be like the mixes.

I hope they do have copper thrown in. At almost a week old, they do have some tan on their throats and wing tips. Don't know if that is any indication that they might have some copper, but I hope it is.

Marans x silkie = Milkies

We ended up with 5 pullets and 1 cockerel. Could not ask for better! Here is a photo.

Attachments

• 20230530_180743.jpg
    20230530_180743.jpg
    819 KB · Views: 16
I had done a science experiment as one of my BCM lays speckled eggs. She was covered by my CLB Roo to try for green speckled eggs. Somehow my blue Silkie boy must have gotten a turn because I have all BCM looking mixes and this girl lol she’s getting a tiny bit of copper around her neck

Attachments

• IMG_9841.jpeg
    IMG_9841.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9842.jpeg
    IMG_9842.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9843.jpeg
    IMG_9843.jpeg
    466.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9844.jpeg
    IMG_9844.jpeg