Black swan hatching eggs?

Are you going to have some next spring for sale?

Hello, there's been no posts since March on this thread. Nice to bring it back to life. Don't know if you're asking me if I'll have any eggs for sale...need to go back and read all the posts. Should do that before I post so will know what's already been said. I did hatch 9 out of 11 Black Swan eggs. Received 2 pair for my efforts from owner of eggs which I'd paid to have DNA sexed. Sold 1 pair for $500 and kept the pair I named Gracie and Gunther. They are grown and Gunther is trying to breed Gracie. It's been a long process building their habitat to keep them safe from predators, learning how to care for them in a backyard setting and the worse is changing their water every other day to keep it clean and healthy. Presently still using a large plastic kiddie pool that holds about a hundred gallons. Have been trying to find a person to build a proper pond but don't think there is any such thing as a waterfowl pond builder for small ponds. Most provide acreage ponds. Having ponds built is expensive so can't afford to make mistakes. I've been told from a wonderful person willing to share information on this website that the kiddie pools like I'm using is the best choice. It's what they use breeding their Black swans. I still want something larger but haven't figured it out yet. I'm not good at all this fancy phone, cameras and internet usage but need to figure out how to get pictures on the computer so I can post them. Would love to share photos of Gracie and Gunther on here. Also have pictures of the 9 cygnets I hatched that are beyond adorable. Not sure if the owner of the eggs sold some of their 5 babies or if they were killed on the ranch but they only had 2 last I asked. Keep in mind, if swans aren't protected they eventually can become a meal for a predator.

Need to get out and do chores.

Hello,
I'd like to incubate black swan eggs, can you please tell me how to do that? and what are the differences between hatching swan eggs and chicken or goose eggs?
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom