Black swan hatching eggs?

Hello Gary, I doubt very much I'd take the eggs from Gracie and Gunther to sell. The males play a role in incubating and caring for the cygnets. Gunther went broody for 3 weeks wanting to sit on an empty nest day and night. He wants to perpetuate his species more then Gracie does, LOL!! He's aggressive with everyone but me however I had to watch him while he was in that state of mind. Wanted to kill me to. I finally had to intervene...took me 3 days to wake him from his broodiness. Maybe you'd like to join our facebook group. We're hoping to link those having swans in backyard settings together to share information on caring for them, water features, etc. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1735207183181309/

I would only be interested in getting two of the hatching eggs as all the black swans in England are related and I'd like to get fresh DNA and also if you'd like some of my hatching eggs I'd be happy to send you some over if you're in a similar situation? Thank you, Gary.

Cygnets 4.jpg
I would only be interested in getting two of the hatching eggs as all the black swans in England are related and I'd like to get fresh DNA and also if you'd like some of my hatching eggs I'd be happy to send you some over if you're in a similar situation? Thank you, Gary.

Gracie hasn't laid any eggs yet. I've seen them breed but read she has to approve of the nest Gunther builds. He's trying but maybe not good enough for her taste, LOL!!! I'd love to work something out to get a couple of your fertile eggs and certainly would reciprocate. This is all hobby and learning experience for me. I love birds. Can't remember if I've posted pictures of the Mute and Black swan cygnets I hatched out in my incubator few years ago. Will now. Every time I look at these pictures I yearn for babies again.
Cygnets 1.jpg
Cygnets 3.jpg

I would like to buy eggs.. I would pay good for them. Is there any one that sell?
Try @bdfive , she's a very close and good friend of mine. I know she's hatching 3 right now, or rather Gracie and Gunther are...she might be able to help you out? Just give her a PM.

Last edited:
I would like to buy eggs.. I would pay good for them. Is there any one that sell?

Have put the 4 eggs in the incubator so can't be shipped. Would need to be picked up within 15/20 minutes of my location to get them back in incubator. Doubt there will be any more for a while. I've had to separate them for Gracie's health. Think maybe Gunther is a satyriasis, LOL!! Just learned meaning of that word. I keep them in a nice large pen/run nights safe from predators. Seems Gunther wants to mate with her out of water thru the night. Don't want her hurt by him. I've come to the conclusion he needs several wives, LOL!

Try @bdfive , she's a very close and good friend of mine. I know she's hatching 3 right now, or rather Gracie and Gunther are...she might be able to help you out? Just give her a PM.

Hello 007Sean! How sweet, you too are a dear close friend and my pheasant mentor. Took me about half hour to get Gunther in safe area for the night. Sure hope he settles down to the nice swan he used to be when breeding season ends otherwise he may need to go live with someone that can stand up to him. I'm scared, LOL!!! No doubt he can land a good wallop with those wings.

Hello 007Sean! How sweet, you too are a dear close friend and my pheasant mentor. Took me about half hour to get Gunther in safe area for the night. Sure hope he settles down to the nice swan he used to be when breeding season ends otherwise he may need to go live with someone that can stand up to him. I'm scared, LOL!!! No doubt he can land a good wallop with those wings.
Yep, swan's wings aren't anything to mess around with...they could break bones...which I know a little bit about! :lau broke bones that is!

Have put the 4 eggs in the incubator so can't be shipped. Would need to be picked up within 15/20 minutes of my location to get them back in incubator. Doubt there will be any more for a while. I've had to separate them for Gracie's health. Think maybe Gunther is a satyriasis, LOL!! Just learned meaning of that word. I keep them in a nice large pen/run nights safe from predators. Seems Gunther wants to mate with her out of water thru the night. Don't want her hurt by him. I've come to the conclusion he needs several wives, LOL!
oh what bad luck. Hope he will get better and happier over anyway.

I have several black swans starting to mate and build nests, no eggs yet but soon. I have sold and shipped swan eggs in the past for $50 each plus shipping, buyers have been happy with hatching in their incubators, (eggs require lots of moisture and misting and hatch huge downy gray babies)
Let me know if you are interested, Thanks, Monica
Send me an e-mail and I will send you pictures of our Swans.
[email protected]
I’m interested, are they fertile? Would you go less if I bought more eggs? How much is shipping to Michigan? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom