Black swan hatching eggs?

imagejpeg_1.jpg Australian Black Swan eggs are hard to come by so it you find any for $50 each better snatch them up. Most prefer to hatch and sell the cygnets for $200 to $250 each but most keep them until full size and sell for $500 up. No eggs here yet but hoping someday. I sure enjoy having Gracie and Gunther.

View attachment 1260912 Australian Black Swan eggs are hard to come by so it you find any for $50 each better snatch them up. Most prefer to hatch and sell the cygnets for $200 to $250 each but most keep them until full size and sell for $500 up. No eggs here yet but hoping someday. I sure enjoy having Gracie and Gunther.
I detect the hatching bug, Darlene! What was that you said, "I'm not hatching this year". :lau:gig

View attachment 1260912 Australian Black Swan eggs are hard to come by so it you find any for $50 each better snatch them up. Most prefer to hatch and sell the cygnets for $200 to $250 each but most keep them until full size and sell for $500 up. No eggs here yet but hoping someday. I sure enjoy having Gracie and Gunther.
I was wondering if you had any eggs yet as I am a private collector looking to buy fertile hatching black swan eggs, vulterine guineafowl, or any other swan eggs. If you don't currently have any would it be possible to email me at [email protected] when you do or if you know of any other breeders who would have eggs could you let me know who they are?
Many Thanks,
Gary.

Hello Gary, I doubt very much I'd take the eggs from Gracie and Gunther to sell. The males play a role in incubating and caring for the cygnets. Gunther went broody for 3 weeks wanting to sit on an empty nest day and night. He wants to perpetuate his species more then Gracie does, LOL!! He's aggressive with everyone but me however I had to watch him while he was in that state of mind. Wanted to kill me to. I finally had to intervene...took me 3 days to wake him from his broodiness. Maybe you'd like to join our facebook group. We're hoping to link those having swans in backyard settings together to share information on caring for them, water features, etc. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1735207183181309/

Back
Top Bottom