blood ring or blind

I can not post a pic.
sad.png
the veins are next to the air cell. the bator was on a steady 99.5 until the turner came out. it must of been throwing some heat that the bator is not compensating for now. it is a still air LG. I have been looking for a picture of an embryo on day 18 and cant seem to find any. I know their out there because i have seen them before.

oh thank you ! it looks to be day 17 I looked last night well, at 2am. this morning. that would be the closest picture to compare it to. I bumped the house heat up one but maybe i better try to increase it hu?

I've just counted on the calendar and you are on day 18. The day you set is not day 1. Day 1 begins after a full 24 hours of incubation.

So you set on the 21 October at 10am. Day 1 is 22 October 10am. Day 2 is 23 October 10am. Day 3 is 24 October 10am and so on.
Thank you!!! We just had this "discussion" on another thread and I was basically told I was confused and you are supposed to count the day you set them. That is not what I was taught and it makes sense to me that day one starts 24 hours after set with day two starting 48 hours after. Glad to know that i am not crazy....lol

oh thank you !  it looks to be day 17  I looked last night well, at 2am. this morning. that would be the closest picture to compare it to. I bumped the house heat up one but maybe i better try to increase it hu?

Maybe just tweek the thermostat just a touch and then let it settle. Still airs are funny ones because the air isn't distributed like with a fan. You can get hot and cold spots the temp needs to be taken on top of the eggs. I don't have still air but I'm sure with them thinking about it the temp should be a little higher. I will just check and get back to you on it.

thank you. i just turned it a hair. it is cycling on and off. 17 seconds off and 23 on so i am assuming it is trying to increase. if it dont in a hr. or so i will touch it again.

i have just had a quick check in the learning centre and it says 101-102f for still air incubators measured at the top of the egg. It's in the hatching and raising chicks section this could be why it only looks about day 17.

Back
Top Bottom