Bloody poop

I just got the liquid. I have 5 chickens. 3 are about 4-5 weeks old the other 2 are about 7-8 weeks old. Do all get the same drops. They are not outside they are in the house in my shower area so nothing on the floor but tile, easy clean up. I wanted a clean area in the first place so I figured that was the best place. Its nice and warm
Your smaller ones can have up to 0.05ml and the bigger ones can have 0.1ml. This is in addition to their medicated water.

-Kathy

Edited to add:
ml = cc

Last edited:
And that's about 1/2 drop and 1 full drop? My little bottle/dropper has faded and numbers can't be seen. My arms aren't long enough. The "Golden years aren't so golden at 45

Thank you Kathy very much. I need to get a new dropper and new eyeglass prescription. I don't know what I would do without all you wonderful people to help us. I can't say thank you enough for all the advise, info, patience and love.

Big (((((HUGS))))) from Texas and those are big hugs. :)

And that's about 1/2 drop and 1 full drop? My little bottle/dropper has faded and numbers can't be seen. My arms aren't long enough. The "Golden years aren't so golden at 45
What type of dropper is it? Can you post a picture of it? Drops from a 1ml syringe are quite small, something like 0.025ml per drop, but many droppers might have much larger drops.

-Kathy

Last edited:
I cant post a pic right now. Its a little bottle for day old animals with no hole in it. I can make the hole the size of a pin or cut it as big as it allows. I gave the little ones, the middle one and the big rooster outside some. I walked from the chics to the rooster last night so want to make sure my big beautiful boy is safe also. The little ones got half a drop, middle got one and my Big Boy got 2 drops. Now I just have to calculated the water mixture. I don't give them water in gallon buckets.

I cant post a pic right now. Its a little bottle for day old animals with no hole in it. I can make the hole the size of a pin or cut it as big as it allows. I gave the little ones, the middle one and the big rooster outside some. I walked from the chics to the rooster last night so want to make sure my big beautiful boy is safe also. The little ones got half a drop, middle got one and my Big Boy got 2 drops. Now I just have to calculated the water mixture. I don't give them water in gallon buckets.
Doses for smaller water containers:

• 2.5ml per quart (32 ounces)
  • 1.25ml per pint (16 ounces)
  • 0.625ml per cup (8 ounces)
  • 0.315ml per 1/2 cup (4 ounces)
  • 0.078ml per ounce

You can get 3ml syringes at Tractor Supply and your pharmacy would probably have oral dosing syringes that would work.

-Kathy

Last edited:
1/4 tsp per 4 cups is what i mixed. My daughter and I will give them a bit more tonight when we get home after cheer leading practice and they have medicated water only in fresh bowls. Thanks again to everyone.
love.gif

Now to wait and see if they are all still alive by the weekend.
fl.gif

1/4 tsp per 4 cups is what i mixed. My daughter and I will give them a bit more tonight when we get home after cheer leading practice and they have medicated water only in fresh bowls. Thanks again to everyone.
love.gif

Now to wait and see if they are all still alive by the weekend.
fl.gif
If you used 1/4 teaspoon to make a quart you didn't use enough...

4 cups is 32 ounces, 1/4 teaspoon is 1.23ml, right? If that's what you did you need to to add another 1/4 teaspoon. Ignore the directions on they bottle, they're for cattle and poultry get twice that amount.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom