Bloody poop

thumbsup.gif

-Kathy

Well so far so good. The 5 chics left appear to be ok. Still have water/Corid mixture for them. Thank you everyone for the help. The two bigger girls and 3 babies are looking good. The sex link we have is so beautiful. She is mixed brown/tan/white in patterns that are so cool. Will have to try and get pics of them for you

Have a great weekend and don't forget clocks back an hour this weekend. Woo Hoo for an extra hour sleep.

What about egg layers? Can u eat them or need to throw them out. Also the corid i found says for cattle, is this the right stuff

There is no egg withdrawal time while using Corid. It is the same medicine as used for cattle--both the powder and the liquid. Dosage for chickens is 1 1/2 tsp of the powder or 2 tsp of the liquid Corid per gallon of water, mixed fresh daily, for 5 days.

shopping
shopping

Ok thanks, this is first problem ive had with any of my chickens but have new ones i got a couple weeks ago so i guess they brought it in. They are the only ones that have it. But ill treat all of them. Thanks again

Baby chicks don't bring in coccidia. One or more strains are everywhere. If they get ingest too much of a strain they haven't been exposed to, they'll get coccidiosis. Keeping bedding bone dry and feeders full usually prevent the problem. It is a little more common with Cornish X since they are messy and voracious eaters.

Does poop get bloodier within 24 hrs of treating? I saw a couple bloody stools yesterday, treated with Clorid and hit up this morning to quite a bit more bloody stool. I'm hoping this is because they are shedding it?

Back
Top Bottom